My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Cannot Verify Postcode

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Update. I refitted the connector on cable 1 and although it reported no channels on boot, when i tried a manual tune it worked! So i thought we'd cracked it and tried a freesat tune, but it's stuck on 'verifying your postcode'

| Sat 21 Sep 2019 21:22:56 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

autolycus - 13 mins ago  » 
    Update. I refitted the connector on cable 1 and although it reported no channels on boot, when i tried a manual tune it worked! So i thought we'd cracked it and tried a freesat tune, but it's stuck on 'verifying your postcode'

Same reason you don't have any any horizontal channels. Did your manual tune find any horizontal channels following my instructions ?

Read this

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/cannot-verify-popstcode?quote=74029#post-74026

| Sat 21 Sep 2019 21:38:39 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Trying to follow your instructions now. I've rebooted and i'm in manual tune. I have selected the top of the list 10714 H. But if i press opt+ i get a no entry sign. If i arrow down I go to 10729 V or if I channel down it hops down 4 rows to 10773 H. Which is what it should do, right? But i don't see any channels as i'm still in manual tune.Should i hit search each time i channel down? Sorry if this is a silly question but i have no idea what i'm trying to do.

| Sat 21 Sep 2019 21:40:07 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

autolycus - 2 mins ago  » 
    Trying to follow your instructions now. I've rebooted and i'm in manual tune. I have selected the top of the list 10714 H. But if i press opt+ i get a no entry sign. If i arrow down I go to 10729 V or if I channel down it hops down 4 rows to 10773 H. Which is what it should do, right? But i don't see any channels as i'm still in manual tune.Should i hit search each time i channel down? Sorry if this is a silly question but i have no idea what i'm trying to do.

Exit from manual tune and save the list. List the channels and try and view the first channel in the list. Repeat by using the down channel. Can you find any Horizontal channels ?

You should then tune to the first channel in your list and no doubt get nothing, then press down channel to see the next channel. Opt+ will then tell you which transponder you are viewing.

| Sat 21 Sep 2019 21:47:30 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Sorry, save what list?

Ahh - i searched All transponders and got the list i'm sure you're referring to.

If i watch 5001 (Ch4)and press 'list' then 'opt+' i get:

5001 ch4 freesat 10714H.

Then if i press 'back' and then arrow down and then opt+ again i get:

5002 Film 4 freesat 10714H

Or if i press 'back' and then channel down and then opt+ again i get:

5019 ITV4+1 freesat 10832H

I think that's different from what you suggest i should get but i have no idea what it all means.

| Sat 21 Sep 2019 21:49:14 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

autolycus - 17 mins ago  » 
    Sorry, save what list?

When you do a manual tune and press exit after. The box asks you if you want to save the results. If you do not you don't have any stored non freesat channels so you have no channels to actually view. So no way to even check what channels you have found. Without this not a clue what channels you actually found other than a total number of reported found channels.

Then while in non freesat mode the list command gives you a list of the channels you have stored, The channel numbers (lcn's) simply add one every time a new channel is found starting in the 5000's. They bear no relation to the lcn's the freesat epg allocates to Freesat channels.

| Sat 21 Sep 2019 22:11:02 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Damn - crossed posts again! Does what i said in my edited one help?

| Sat 21 Sep 2019 22:32:35 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

autolycus - 10 hours ago  » 
    Damn - crossed posts again! Does what i said in my edited one help?

It does at least prove that you have Horizontal transponders. But none of them are Vertical.

The first vertical transponder you should have found is 10758 V and the first channel on 10758 V should be ITV 1 London.

Can you confirm that you have some vertical channels ? Once that is known I will explain how to use manual tune to check you have the home transponder.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 8:44:19 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Hi again. When i booted up this morning i had to manual tune all the channels again.

When i went through the list, the first vertical transponder i came to was Channel 5007 E4+1 freesat 10729 V. A bit further down on Channel 5111 was ITV. Opt+ showed it as freesat 10758 V (as you suggested).

It may be worth noting that when i connected just the old terminal 2 cable into terminal 1 on the humax, it made no difference to the result. This is is in complete contrast to what i reported in post #7 yesterday when it booted straight into freesat!

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 12:02:52 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Right next thing to check is that you can receive the Freesat home transponder,

Follow this procedure

Menu - Setup Manual Tune

You should see Transponder All highlighted. Press right and OK. You should find a drop down list with 107214 H under the all option.

Scroll down till you find 11426 H (it might say 11427 or even 11428)

Press OK - Check Network search is disabled. Scrambled Type FTA. Channel Type - ALL

Look at the indicated strength and quality at the bottom of the screen. If it's not 100% quality for both then your dish alignment needs tweaking.

Highlight search and press OK

You should find 9 channels including Freesat info

If that all works no reason why a freesat tune won't assuming both cables are OK.

Attachments

1. Freesat-Home-2.jpg (108 KB, 1 downloads) 4 years old
    2. Freesat-Home-1.jpg (106 KB, 0 downloads) 4 years old
    | Sun 22 Sep 2019 13:28:11 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.