My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Cannot Verify Postcode

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Thanks again for such clear instructions. There was no 11426H, just two instances of 11426V. Next down was 11427H, strength 85 Signal flicking between 90 and 100. When i pressed search i got 9 channels as in your second screenshot.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 16:20:32 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

autolycus - 44 mins ago  » 
    Thanks again for such clear instructions. There was no 11426H, just two instances of 11426V. Next down was 11427H, strength 85 Signal flicking between 90 and 100. When i pressed search i got 9 channels as in your second screenshot.

Your dish alignment needs tweaking. Is the dish reasonably accessible and are there any trees close to it that may have grown and are interfering with the dish line of sight to 28.2 ?

The freesat home transponder is on a UK spot beam so a steady 100/100 should be easily possible.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 17:07:50 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

No, unfortunately it's as high up on the rear gable as it's possible to be so i'd have to get someone to look at it for me. It's unobstructed, but it does have pigeons perching on it from time to time. You don't think today's atmospherics could be a problem?

I'm also still a bit mystified as to why the hummy worked fine for so long until i 'disturbed' it and then refused to work when i hooked it up exactly as it had been before.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 18:53:56 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

autolycus - 1 hour ago  » 
    No, unfortunately it's as high up on the rear gable as it's possible to be so i'd have to get someone to look at it for me. It's unobstructed, but it does have pigeons perching on it from time to time. You don't think today's atmospherics could be a problem?
    I'm also still a bit mystified as to why the hummy worked fine for so long until i 'disturbed' it and then refused to work when i hooked it up exactly as it had been before.

Try a freesat tune. But you may find issues during heavy rain.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 20:04:00 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 min ago  » 

Try a freesat tune. But you may find issues during heavy rain.

The screenshots I took were during heavy rain in the West Midlands.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 20:06:08 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Kind of takes us full circle. If i do a freesat tune i get stuck on 'verifying your postcode'.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 21:03:12 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

autolycus - 40 mins ago  » 
    Kind of takes us full circle. If i do a freesat tune i get stuck on 'verifying your postcode'.

You need to to get a solid lock on the freesat home transponder. Something has affected your dish reception.

Could be water ingress into the coax cables. This could destroy your box if the water gets into your box. . This often results in the loss of specific frequencies. Could be the dish alignment bolts are loose and wind loading has moved the dish,

Your lnb seems to be fine.

Without access to the dish and checking the connections for signs of water corrosion (check the connections to the box carefully) there is nothing else I can suggest. My dish is 6ft off the ground so easy to get to. If yours is on a North facing wall you might need the height to clear the roof apex.depending on the orintation of the property.. Even if you have water in the cables, to fix it you need to be able to access the dish.

If you have a north facing garden and its a reasonable size you might be able to find a ground based location to fit another dish.

Look at your roof slope. If it looks as if your garden provides a clear view looking SE over the apex, a low mounted dish may well work.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 22:05:53 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

There are quite a few trees around and the dish was moved to where it is to overcome obstructions so i don't think that will fly. I guess i'll have to get someone to check over the installation. At least, if i understand you correctly, you don't feel there's something wrong with the box or the lnb.

Thanks again for all your time and trouble.

| Sun 22 Sep 2019 22:29:23 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Update: Before calling an engineer i did a factory reset. The hummy went through the installation procedure, where i entered my postcode and the whole process, including verification, worked flawlessly. Moreover, i took the machine upstairs, plugged it in and it worked straight-away on the cables up there too.

The previously entered postcode was exactly the same as the one i entered today - i haven't moved house and the hummy worked fine until a few days ago when i moved it. So what was causing the problem i have no idea. Main thing is it's working perfectly now

| Mon 23 Sep 2019 16:50:21 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Update: Before calling an engineer i did a factory reset. The hummy went through the installation procedure, where i entered my postcode and the whole process, including verification, worked flawlessly. Moreover, i took the machine upstairs, plugged it in and it worked straight-away on the cables up there too.
    The previously entered postcode was exactly the same as the one i entered today - i haven't moved house and the hummy worked fine until a few days ago when i moved it. So what was causing the problem i have no idea. Main thing is it's working perfectly now

Keep an eye on the home transponder by tuning to channel 999 - Freesat info and then displaying the signal diagnostics. It might be a errant piece of foliage. Was it windy when you tried it previously and much less so now it works ?

| Mon 23 Sep 2019 18:16:17 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.