My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Can't record repeated BBC1 programmes

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

I wanted to record tonight's 'The Cleaner' episode but in the Freeview Guide I see that it's available on catch-up on the BBC Iplayer as it was shown earlier in the week. My Aura won't let me record it - it will only launch the Iplayer. Can I override this and record it? Or at least be given the choice to either record it or watch it on Iplayer. I know you can get around the problem by recording next week's episode on series-link in order to pick up this week's episode, but the episode this week is the last one in the series so that won't work.

Any ideas?

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 20:16:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

RatherLargeZed - 33 mins ago  » 
    I wanted to record tonight's 'The Cleaner' episode but in the Freeview Guide I see that it's available on catch-up on the BBC Iplayer as it was shown earlier in the week. My Aura won't let me record it - it will only launch the Iplayer. Can I override this and record it? Or at least be given the choice to either record it or watch it on Iplayer. I know you can get around the problem by recording next week's episode on series-link in order to pick up this week's episode, but the episode this week is the last one in the series so that won't work.
    Any ideas?

Hello there RatherLargeZed. Welcome to the forum. None of the pvrs inc. Aura will allow you to record off iPlayer/or catch up tv. Is that your question? Some PVRs can record subscription channels, but not in the case of Aura.

Basically anything on catch up TV, or when you hit the facility to rewind to beginning of live TV programme if prompted by BBC with option to restart programme is linked to internet server. You can then rewind/ fast forward via internet server. Your hard drive inside your PVR only records programmes live, or via EPG live at the time. The hard drive also acts as a continuous buffer for 2 hours if left on same channel, so you can rewind/ pause TV. Might sound slightly confusing, but this is how it works. Two separate systems inside your PVR. Hopefully explained how your PVR works. John L

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 21:00:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

RatherLargeZed - 53 mins ago  » 
    Any ideas?

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-wont-record-bbc-progs-available-on-iplayer

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 21:09:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

SSThing - 1 hour ago  » 

RatherLargeZed - 53 mins ago  » 
    Any ideas?

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-wont-record-bbc-progs-available-on-iplayer

The link has the information I was looking for. Thanks to the info I was able to resolve my issue. Thanks everyone.

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 22:33:23 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.