My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Can't remove audio desc'ns from transferred files

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

den4

I'm trying to recover the recorded programs from my old Foxsat to play them on my new HDR 1100S.

I've got them moved to an external HDD, but when I try to play them on the new machine there are Audio Descriptions (ADs) over the progams as I play them.
    I've turned off ADs both in the settings and using the AD button on the remote but the ADs still play over the programs. I never had Ads on when playing on the old machine.
    I've tried deleting all the other files with the same filename but different suffix but that has not removed the ADs.
    Playing them on my laptop with VLC media player I can see 2 audio options, one of which plays the ADs (NAR), and one of which doesn't (English).

How can I stop this from happening?

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 7:56:52 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Install TSmuxerGUI on your laptop

https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

Open one of the problem files. Deselect the AD track and remux the file to a .ts without the AD track.

Because the video is not recoded it's a very fast process.

Welcome to our forum

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 9:38:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

den4

Thank you for your reply, and the welcome.

Unfortunately the TSmuxerGUI will not load the file and gives an error message "The ***.ts file has a M2TS format. Error. Bitstream exception Unknown exception"
    Am I missing something?

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 17:03:04 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

den4 - 57 mins ago  » 
    Thank you for your reply, and the welcome.
    Unfortunately the TSmuxerGUI will not load the file and gives an error message "The ***.ts file has a M2TS format. Error. Bitstream exception Unknown exception"
    Am I missing something?

Guessing that file is encrypted (was it a HD recording ? ) - Surprised if VLC will play it back.

Try opening it with Mediainfo. If it says no PAT it's encrypted.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

If it opens, select View Tree and export the results as a .txt file. Post the text here.

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 18:03:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

den4

No it isn't HD-it was recorded from ITV3, which doesn't broadcast in HD AFAIK.
    I ran the MediaInfo file though, just out of curiosity, it also say the file ext is "invalid m2ts ssif" but does show the 2 audio streams.
    Yet Windows shows it to be a .ts file.
    I've attached the output from the MediaInfo file just in case it shows you anything.

Attachments

1. Media_info.txt (5.3 KB, 6 downloads) 4 years old
    | Sun 11 Aug 2019 9:59:38 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

den4 - 3 hours ago  » 
    No it isn't HD-it was recorded from ITV3, which doesn't broadcast in HD AFAIK.
    I ran the MediaInfo file though, just out of curiosity, it also say the file ext is "invalid m2ts ssif" but does show the 2 audio streams.
    Yet Windows shows it to be a .ts file.
    I've attached the output from the MediaInfo file just in case it shows you anything.

That looks normal to me. It's the second audio track that needs removing.

Baffled why you can't open it using TSmuxer.GUI.

Check the folder in which you installed has the two files as shown here. If the tsmuxer.exe is not in the same folder then the GUI will not find the DOS based version it creates the graphics user interface for.

Attachments

1. TsMuxerGUI.jpg (172.4 KB, 5 downloads) 4 years old
    | Sun 11 Aug 2019 13:49:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

den4

Yes, they are both there.
    The only file you show which I don't is the free-codecs.txt. Not sure why that is since I downloaded it from where you said and just unzipped it to a folder and ran it from there.
    Could that be the reason?

| Sun 11 Aug 2019 15:22:57 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

den4 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Yes, they are both there.
    The only file you show which I don't is the free-codecs.txt. Not sure why that is since I downloaded it from where you said and just unzipped it to a folder and ran it from there.
    Could that be the reason?

That's just a text file so it can't be that. I will record something from ITV3 on my Foxsat-HDR and see if I can replicate. If you suggest a candidate and you also record it we can compare notes.

This is what is in the text file.

Download latest audio/video codecs & tools
    http://www.codecs.com

Download Security & Privacy Tools
    http://www.scanwith.com

What version of windows are you using.

Mine is Windows 10 64 bit.

Incidentally the warning is normal. The box records into a transport stream container but the container video format is actually M2ts.

HD recordings are the same except the video compression codec is H264/AVC and the audio is ac3 (Dolby Digital) 2.0 or 5.1 as broadcast.

If you actually manage to open the file the remuxed file will be a standard transport stream (.ts) container. With mpeg2 video and mpeg1 layer 2 audio.

| Sun 11 Aug 2019 18:52:17 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

den4

I'm on Win 8.1.
    As we were looking at an episode of Heartbeat which exhibits the problem I suggest we both record one.
    I will record today's and tomorrow's (JIC you don't see this message early enough to record today's) episode at 13.40 on ITV3.
    I'll record it on my old Foxsat and the new HDR 1100S just to see if there's a difference.
    I bought the new one because the 10 year old Foxsat started to go wrong with the unit locking up regularly and having to be switched off to clear it.

| Mon 12 Aug 2019 8:15:23 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Series set from todays episode

Try running TSmuxer in compatibility mode or look for an older version. Latest may have been altered to make it work in Windows 10.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR/old-versions

I would install the Custom Firmware on your Foxsat and run a file system check and repair in maintenance mode. You might have some dodgy sectors that is causing the problem. You could try a new HDD.

Attachments

1. Hearbeat.jpg (339.3 KB, 5 downloads) 4 years old
    | Mon 12 Aug 2019 9:38:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.