My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Can't remove audio desc'ns from transferred files

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

den4

Got it set now so the TV can see the recordings on the old Foxsat- but it plays the Narration track as well!
    So back to square one as far as that problem is concerned.

| Fri 16 Aug 2019 15:53:55 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

den4 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Got it set now so the TV can see the recordings on the old Foxsat- but it plays the Narration track as well!
    So back to square one as far as that problem is concerned.

You need the convertfiles package installed and set it auto convert recordings. This is designed to fix the issue. see my earlier post.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/cant-remove-audio-descns-from-transferred-files/page/2?replies=22#post-73566

| Fri 16 Aug 2019 18:17:35 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

den4

Once again I'm indebted to your knowledge. I didn't realise the significance of it in the earlier post. It's now running the conversion on all the recordings- fingers well and truly crossed.

Den

| Fri 16 Aug 2019 20:37:10 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

den4 - 13 hours ago  » 
    Once again I'm indebted to your knowledge. I didn't realise the significance of it in the earlier post. It's now running the conversion on all the recordings- fingers well and truly crossed.
    Den

Try streaming one that has completed the conversion. All my Heartbeat test recordings stream OK to my HDR-1000s. Goig gto cancel the series now.

Compare the picture quality of a HD recording played direct from the Foxsat and streamed via G2 box.

| Sat 17 Aug 2019 10:22:56 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

den4

I left the conversion running overnight and when I looked the following morning the first thing I noticed was that the HDD on the Foxsat had gone from 75% full to 100% full.
    Also some of the recordings will now not play at all, just give the "this Recording is scrambled" message.
    And the ones that do play still have the ADs on.
    Good job I have a back up of it all on an ext HDD.

| Sun 18 Aug 2019 9:00:19 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

den4 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I left the conversion running overnight and when I looked the following morning the first thing I noticed was that the HDD on the Foxsat had gone from 75% full to 100% full.
    Also some of the recordings will now not play at all, just give the "this Recording is scrambled" message.
    And the ones that do play still have the ADs on.
    Good job I have a back up of it all on an ext HDD.

That's because you elected to create a copy of the file rather than just convert the original recording so doubling the space required and with a 75% full drive creating copies of each was bound to fail as you are short of 50% of the drive space required to accomodate the copies. (2 x 75% = 150%).

Guessing the failures were simply down to lack of hard disk space. Basically the files that still have AD are the original unconverted files. Any that sucessfully converted should be fine. Converted files have a icon in the media list indicating the conversion has completed. During conversion an icon indicates progress.

Re-instate the original files and delete any unwanted files so that have the original 25% free space. Convert one and check you have NO AD.

I have used convert files for several years and not had a single failure.

run the conversion again without the copy option enabled.

See

https://www.avforums.com/threads/humax-foxsat-hdr-help-please.2165979/#post-26184802

| Sun 18 Aug 2019 11:31:58 #26 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.