My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Cast not working on Aura

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

Chromecast has suddenly stopped working on our Aura. I have restarted, but still no luck. Having to watch Now on the Xbox, and can't cast Youtube either....which isn't a huge problem, other than it being easier to search on my phone. It's not a problem with my phone as my wife can't cast from hers.
    Anyone else having this problem ?

| Mon 21 Jun 2021 18:50:34 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Casting a Video file to the Aura chromecast OK stored on my laptop from a chrome browser tab working OK on my my Windows 10 laptop.

Just drag a file to the Chrome desktop icon, Select the casting icon and select FVP-4KGTR as the destination.

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 10:14:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dnbhead89

Check if there are any updates for Chromecast or uninstall Chromecast to the previous version and see if that works.

| Wed 23 Jun 2021 18:05:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

Thank you , but we got it working last night after contacting Humax customer support. They had me do a full factory reset.
    We thought about it later, and feel the issue was most likely with Google, not the Aura. We had to sign back in after reset, so probably could've solved the issue by simply signing out,then back in. I've called Humax back today about and told them this, should someone else have the same issue in the future.
    Thanks again.

| Wed 23 Jun 2021 19:12:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

justind

Just to add to this if others have the same problem, it can be fixed without a reset. I also had the same issue as yourself, removing the Google account and re-adding didn't fix it. What fixed it for me was uninstalling the Chromecast app updates and then immediately reinstalling them.

To do this you need to go to Apps in settings and then show System Apps. Select the Chromecast one and then uninstall updates. It will then revert to the factory installed version. Then go to the play store for apps, go to the settings and you'll see it's ready to install updates to Chromecast. Do this and everything will be working again.

It does seem to be solely a Chromecast app issue (maybe signing in again helps too I don't know) so doing the above should avoid a factory reset.

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 10:27:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crama

Hi
    I have just purchased an Aura box but cannot get the Aura app to cast to my Bush Smart TV
    I’ve tried re booting and even received a replacement box from Humax but still it will not cast.
    I’ve tried 2.4 and 5 WiFi although the box is connected to my main TV via Ethernet, not sure if that could make a difference. I’ve re booted at least half a dozen times with the two boxes.
    I’ve also tried to cast from an iPhone iPad and android mobile and each time I get “DLNA option is not enabled” pop up on each of them, I’ve tried enabling and disabling on several occasions without any change. I’m at the point of giving up but I do like the box for TV use.
    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

| Fri 10 Nov 2023 22:47:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Crama - 1 hour ago  » 
    I’ve tried 2.4 and 5 WiFi although the box is connected to my main TV via Ethernet, not sure if that could make a difference.

What exactly do you mean by "the box is connected to my main TV via Ethernet"?

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 0:44:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

You can't Cast from the Aura app, so I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 9:10:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crama

Hi
    I understood that from the recorded programs shown in the Aura app by clicking on the casting icon in the top right hand corner it would connect with WiFi to any smart tv connected to the same WiFi, are you saying that’s not correct?
    Whenever I click on the icon I get “DLNA option is not enabled etc” but I have enabled it in settings

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 9:36:14 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

Well; I've had my Aura for nearly 3 years and just found out something new !! Not a feature I've needed, or need, but I tried it,and got the same result as you.

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 16:16:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.