My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Cast not working on Aura

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crama

Hi
    Pleased you agree it’s an option although cannot use it - yet
    It not a big deal other than the convenience of finishing watching something on the tv in the kitchen or bedroom
    Cheers for looking at it, hopefully someone else may have the answer

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 16:29:49 #11 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Have you tried rebooting the Aura? Casting from the Aura app is working for me.

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 18:32:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crama

Yes I’ve tried a few times but doesn’t seem to make any difference
    Can I ask do you see any devices listed in the Aura app “casting” tab also am I right in thinking all I have to do is click on the cast icon in the top corner of the live or recorded tv program and it should link to my smart tv?
    The half a dozen reboots I’ve done still show the “DLNA option is not enabled Please go to setting etc etc but it’s certainly switched on so I’m at a loss

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 18:42:57 #13 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

Devices are listed in the Casting tab in the app, and when you click on the Chromecast icon you should see a list of devices that includes the Aura so it should not be empty.

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 18:55:58 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crama

Other than the DLNA setting did you do anything else when setting up your box?

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 19:01:05 #15 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

I have messed around with many settings over the years. You could try enabling FTP.

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 19:13:19 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crama

Many thanks for that will give it a try along with yet another reboot, unfortunately it’ll have to leave it until later as the wife is watching Strictly ha ha

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 19:34:14 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crama

Good afternoon, following a very eventful day with Aura I am no further forward
    I have reset the box at least six times and had various issues therefore the reboots
    I’ve had no ITV X and had to reboot to get it then no My5 and again reboot, these issues weren’t the reason for reboot but are now sorted. While resetting I noticed the SKY icon which I found strange to say the least but following reset it vanished, on one occasion the SKY logo was showing on the start up screen where HUMAX appears. I have two questions that I would appreciate some feedback, firstly my main TV and the TV in the kitchen are connected to the router by Ethernet, I did wonder if the casting issue had something to do with that but I have tried connecting my iPhone plus the two TV’s to both 2.4 & 5 WiFi but it made no difference the the screen notifications. I am still getting either DLNA not ticked or all devices must be connected to the same WiFi. Secondly when casting is this done in conjunction with ApowerMirror or separate to that APP? Many thanks for reading

| Sun 12 Nov 2023 16:45:02 #18 |
  9. Mars

Mars

special member

There have been a couple of threads where other devices on the network prevented DLNA/FTP from working on the Aura:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/still-cant-connect-on-the-network
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/ftp-dnla-server-not-working

| Sun 12 Nov 2023 17:34:21 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crama

The more I read the more confusing it becomes, the only fact I can take away from all this is the casting feature of the Aura is a sales con as it obviously doesn’t work and if anyone can make ir work they have to be a serious technician and not a geriatric technophobe like me.

| Sun 12 Nov 2023 18:38:31 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.