My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

FTP / DNLA Server not working

(53 posts)
  1. MarkPainter

MarkPainter

Hi All. Just got myself an Aura, but really struggling with the FTP / DNLA aspect of it.
    I have turned the server on in the settings and can watch TV and recordings (And download them) over my (Wired) network using a browser pointing to 192.168.0.61:8080 (The Aura IP).
    However, the Aura doesn't show up as a DNLA server on any of my devices, and I can't FTP into it using Fileziller to 192.168.0.61 using port 2323, user name aura and password as the unchanged 0000 pin. I just get the 'Connection Refused' message.
    I know there has been a bit of discussion about this, but can anyone offer me any hits about how to get this working?

| Fri 8 Apr 2022 16:40:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Manwe

Hi Mark, I am in the same situation as you. I am not an expert.
    I persevered with FileZilla, repeatedly typing in the full ftp address into the "Host" box.
    I was initially getting the error messages similar to yours. Then entering precisely the same ftp address I got the message:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

A popup box appeared, I had to accept that I was using an insecure server then:

With a directory listing of the Aura.

Hope this helps, good luck.

| Tue 12 Apr 2022 7:50:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Manwe

A quick update, I'm back to not being able to make the connection!!!

I hope someone can come up with the solution for this problem.

| Tue 12 Apr 2022 8:43:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Don't know about DLNA other than to say that it's a dreadful monster on any device but I've been trying to suss the ftp issue and might be able to help. I don't think it's actually "the connection" as such. It seems that the server can't handle large streams of data - perhaps a buffer that gets filled and doesn't empty quickly enough. I tried to transfer a folder full of audio albums and got the "connection lost" message followed by ftp being unavailable for long periods of time. I then tried transferring smaller numbers of files and had no such issue. Gradually increasing the number of files in the queue eventually created the "connection lost" error but critically, the server became available again almost immediately afterwards. This suggests to me that it's the size or number of files being added to the queue that's the issue - and that the more that buffer or stream is overloaded, the longer it takes to be cleared out so it can start again. (I's also tried various ways to create the outage - running the screen-saver, switching to live TV or running various apps - none of those appears to cause any issue for ftp).

I don't pretend this is a "scientific explanation" but I can say that I'm now able to tranfer as many files as I like without losing the ftp connection - albeit in a rather labour-intensive fashion. Assuming this is about a data buffer, I don't know if it's something that Humax can address but if ftp itself was THAT bad, it wouldn't even exist. My guess is that they need to add or adjust some sort of cache. Meanwhile, limit the number of files you transfer in one hit and at worst, you'll only lose access to the server for a couple of seconds.

Edit - am looking at FileZilla and see that it has an option to apply a "speed limit" to transfers. Will have a play with that later to see if throttling helps though in general, using FileZilla does seem to remove the problem anyway.

| Thu 14 Apr 2022 13:39:53 #4 |
  5. MarkPainter

MarkPainter

Sadly I don't get that far. I can't actually connect at all.
    I have tried the browser method as detailed on the Humax share files screen and also using Filezilla, but all I get is the dreaded "Connection Refused' message.

However, as detail above I can at least watch and download SD files using the browser and port 8080.

| Thu 14 Apr 2022 14:30:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MarkPainter - 21 mins ago  » 
    Sadly I don't get that far. I can't actually connect at all.
    I have tried the browser method as detailed on the Humax share files screen and also using Filezilla, but all I get is the dreaded "Connection Refused' message.

Could you tell us what your Filezilla settings are please?

| Thu 14 Apr 2022 14:52:57 #6 |
  7. MarkPainter

MarkPainter

These are my settings

Attachments

1. Image3.jpg (47.9 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    2. Image2.jpg (32.5 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    3. Image1.jpg (40.3 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    | Thu 14 Apr 2022 20:56:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Have you tried simply typing ftp://192.168.1.61:2323 in your browser or any Windows explorer window - remove all the potential complexities of setting encryption etc. And in FileZilla, just enter the Host as the IP address and the port as 2323 in the main window (where it says "quick connect"). That's all you need. You only need the name and password if specifically asked for it.

| Thu 14 Apr 2022 21:30:23 #8 |
  9. MarkPainter

MarkPainter

I appreciate all your ongoing suggestions.
    Sadly no difference however I try to connect.
    The port display 8080 works 100% fine but nothing on port 2323 seems to do anything.

Attachments

1. pic2.jpg (36.9 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    2. Pic1.jpg (26.8 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    | Fri 15 Apr 2022 8:08:29 #9 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

Have you tried rebooting the Aura?

| Fri 15 Apr 2022 9:19:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.