My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Changing and adding transponders to a satellite

(47 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Devonian

I think you are looking at 12663 and not 12633. I'm pretty sure that 12633 was not on my ASTRA 2 list and I don't think it was on the freesat list. Are you looking at the freesat list or Astra 2 (28.2) list?

| Fri 5 Jun 2015 17:11:16 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Devonian - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I think you are looking at 12663 and not 12633. I'm pretty sure that 12633 was not on my ASTRA 2 list and I don't think it was on the freesat list. Are you looking at the freesat list or Astra 2 (28.2) list?

Same situation = 12633 H 22000 5/6 is already in the database so can't be added. It carries Freesat channels 203 304 and 305. A scan only finds Al Jazerra Eng, Movies 4 men, Movies 4 men + 1 and Newstalk (Radio). A scan only added the above channels.

Lyngsat is out of date the other channels have been moved 156 moved 27/05/2015

Transponder changes 156 more>movies+1 12633 H to 12610 V 800 QVC 12031 H to 11953 H 814 QVC Extra 12031 H to 11953 H 818 QVC Style 12031 H to 11953 H and 820 Thane 11261 H to 11390 V

Struggling to find a transponder on other than EB1 which has free to air content with no freesat channels let alone two I can add.

Looking here

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Fri 5 Jun 2015 17:38:54 #32 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I can only find one transponder 12640 V 22000 5/6 (2F PE beam) that has fta content and no channels not currently on the Freesat epg (excluding EB1 which won't be there by July). As this thread suggests that you can't add more than one, need a second one to check. Any ideas ?

| Fri 5 Jun 2015 18:38:07 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Devonian

Thanks very much for your help, as my Humax is in Spain this is about as far as I can go as I don't have the Humax channel list to see what is missing.

Can you confirm that you are adding the channel to the Freesat listing rather than the Astra 2 listing and that you did this in the Freesat mode. From what you say it looks as if your Freesat list has been updated automatically as I found several transponders on Lyngsat that were not in my listing for Astra 2 or Freesat. I am fairly confident that 12633 was missing as "Movies for Men" was one of the channels I was looking for.

If this is true I will have to bring the Humax back to the UK and leave it connected for a while to see if it updates. If as you say, more channels migrate to the UK beam then there will be no point in trying to get channels that I am not interested in.

At present I am recording interesting programs off air for ITV or iplayer HD (720) for BBC in the UK and taking them down on memory sticks. Coupled with Sky News international on 19.2, which is actually the UK channel with minimal advertising and world weather replacing the adverts,this keeps us in touch so its not too serious.

Fortunately I have a LG BP240 BluRay player with a USB that accepts almost all video formats.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

| Fri 5 Jun 2015 21:36:55 #34 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I keep saying this, you cannot add channels to the freesat list on any vanilla Freesat box. Normally channels added using manual tune can only be viewed by switching to non freesat mode. Logical Channel numbers are added starting at 5000 in purely the order the extra channels are added.

The Foxsat-hdr is unique as far as I know that using the custom firmware add on and it's channel editor package you can view these channels and access them from the Freesat epg (of course without an epg). Additionally you can also get an epg for real freesat channels normally hidden from your epg by virtue of your postcode. The channel editor allows manual timer recordings for non-freesat channels to be created while remaining in non freesat mode.

If your Foxsat was left in sby abroad and with access to the freesat home transponder (Currently on a PE beam) it will have updated all by itself to all the changes detailed in this thread from the date you last left it.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps

If not in sby and provided the freesat home transponder is still usable a Freesat re-tune will bring the Freesat database up to date. Of course many of the actual channels will not be usable.

| Fri 5 Jun 2015 21:54:39 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Devonian

Hi graham, I've just returned from Spain and have brought the box back with me. I don't use Freesat at home and don't have a dish but I've ordered one from ebay and hope to have it working in a few days time.

One interesting thing that I hadn't realised before is that although the box, which was purchased direct from Humax, has a paper Foxsat label on the bottom, the front panel is actually for an icordHD and hence the Sky label.

If it is in fact icord hardware I wonder if I could install the icord software which should make it freesat independant. I've e-mailed Humax about this but have no reply as yet.

There was no change in the problem of adding transducers, I tried to add 11171H and 11568V, using non freesat mode but although it went through the actions nothing changed. I'll post again when I have my dish up and running.

| Wed 14 Oct 2015 11:00:50 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolm_c

Dear Devonian

You can run it in non Freesat mode, but then all channels will appear in EPG and lists.
    Alternatively, if you have installed the Custom Firmware, you can use the Channel Editor to override the settings of the (non-Freesat) channels to FreeSat and Visible. They will then appear on the EPG and in the lists on the Web IF.

I found this was the solution to my problem of not seeing channels from Turkish satellite in the EPG when used in FreeSat mode. This makes the EPG very usable as you do not have lots of channels you do not want or cannot receive if overseas.

| Wed 14 Oct 2015 12:07:54 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Devonian

Thanks Malcolm, My dish arrived today so hopefully I can have the setup working in a day or two and then at least I will know how the Humax works in a Freesat area.

Did you manage to get the Humax to add satellites and transducers to the in built listing?

One thing I'm not sure about - will the Humax search for freesat using diseqc? In the non freesat mode you have complete control of this but there is no mention of this in the freesat setup.

I do have the Custom Firmware installed so editing the channel listings should not be a problem. However when I try this without a dish connected this doesn't seem to work at all. The remote listing changes but the tv still shows all channels and the channel names don't change. I still wonder if some of my problems are due to the receiver being an icord with the software modified for freesat.

| Wed 14 Oct 2015 19:50:17 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolm_c

The Humax supports DISEQC, and I use this to switch between Astra (19.2) and Turksat (42.0). To access DISEQC you need to access the advanced menu (see attached). Humax is designed for FreeSat and works extremely well. It is not so good for general use, as in non FreeSat mode it displays all discovered channels, including multiple repeats of the same. FreeSat mode will show only the local region selection.

I discovered you can add the other channels (non FreeSat) using the channel editor in the custom, and so keep a nice short list.

Unfortunately the transducer list for Turksat is hopelessly wrong and I had to create a user defined satellite. It took a lot of efforts, but after trial and error, I found that if I add a transducer and immediately do a manual search on that transducer it will add the transducer to the satellite list and the channels to the channel list. If you do not search then the transducer seems to be deleted as it has no discovered channels.

Note that if you operate in FreeSat mode you do not need to do any of the above as the Humax will access the FreeSat info channel and automatically update transducers and channels, and forcing a FreeSat search will reset the lists.

| Wed 14 Oct 2015 21:02:25 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Devonian

Thanks Malcolm, I've now got the dish working and had a play with the set up and having read your message I now realise what I have been doing wrong.

I thought that you could only receive channels when the transponder was listed so when I entered the transponder setting and it was not saved I assumed this was because there was a fault.

From your message I now realise that the reason was that I had not changed the Symbol Rate from the default. As a result it found no channels and didn't save the settings. Now that I have entered the correct Symbol Rate it scans and lists the transponders correctly.

Although I have used Lyngsat for years I hadn't realised the importance of the Symbol Rate as this is taken care of automatically in a full scan.

Many thanks once again for your assistance

| Thu 15 Oct 2015 18:49:04 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.