My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Changing CRID codes upsetting 5000T

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I do wish that the BBC (and maybe others) would avoid using different codes for a regular programme just because it is a different series. The 5000T cannot cope with it.

I regularly record Pointless at 1715 and last night suddenly noticed at 1720 that the blue light was on. Quickly went to BBC1 and pressed record, but missed the first 5 minutes. On investigation it turned out it was episode 1 of a different series to last week.

It is a pity that the 5000T was not designed with some alternative method of programming which does not rely on CRID, such as one based on the programme name. I could use a regular timed recording, but that doesn't help much for a programme which is only on weekdays.

I know there is nothing we can do about it, but I do find it irritating.

End of moan-up!!

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 11:41:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I have raised a complaint to the BBC about this.

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 13:51:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

I get the same thing but as annoying is when they use the same code for the repeat, usually on 5 where it records an episode in the middle of the night. When you examine the series it does not show it will record but it does anyway.

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 19:08:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Fair point, but at least with that you have a recording which you can delete.

With the problem I was describing, unless you are lucky and spot it in time, you have nothing.

That means you have to fall back on one of the four catch-up services which all have their own confusing foibles and which I hate. I much prefer to avoid them by recording myself.

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 20:10:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

A1944 - 18 hours ago  » 
    I have raised a complaint to the BBC about this.

Well, that was a waste of time! Their reply was very unhelpful, demanding that I phone them with lots of fairly useless details to get any help at all.

I have now submitted the details via the online route I used previously and await a reply.

| Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:49:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Out of interest, does anyone know of a way to display the CRID codes for programmes on the schedule of the 5000T?

Edit: OK, I have found it via the Hidden Menu:

==============

Bring up the System Information menu page

Menu > Settings > System > System Information

Access to the hidden menu is by an undocumented service code, On the Remote enter in sequence :-

RED > GREEN > YELLOW > BLUE > GREEN > YELLOW > BLUE

(ignore the "no entry" icon that appears on the screen).

| Wed 4 Sep 2019 9:42:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

Yes I have found another anomaly regarding using the series crid
    I have been having a mysterious event recording Doc Martin on ITV 3 on Monday evenings on the list of programmes on the left of the list when it is selected on the programme guide four episodes of helicopter ER on Saturdays (broadcast on REALLY channel) are shown and recorded. Looking at the the series CRID it is identical to the doc Martin crid
    I have also been caught out with missing BBC when the series number changes.
    Looks like that a more stringent search needs to be applied where it looks for the programme title and files the series separately.
    Just a thought as I got used to when using Topfield recorders you could set up a SERIES TEXT OR POWER (mix of both text &series search)

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 13:17:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

redmic - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have been having a mysterious event recording Doc Martin on ITV 3 on Monday evenings on the list of programmes on the left of the list when it is selected on the programme guide four episodes of helicopter ER on Saturdays (broadcast on REALLY channel) are shown and recorded. Looking at the the series CRID it is identical to the doc Martin crid

The series CRIDs are not identical. They do have different series CRIDs. It is only the trailing part of the series' CRIDs that are the same. Broadcasters always use something unique to them to help ensure that a series from one broadcaster doesn't interfere with another broadcaster's series.

The full CRIDs for the two series are:
    bds.tv/ebs49743
    www.itv.com/ebs49743

Humax used to know how to handle series CRIDs.
    I've just now setup a schedule series event for Helicopter ER on my HDR-FOX T2. Looking in its schedule database (i.e. at the internal storage not what you see on the screen) it has the series CRID as the full text i.e. "bds.tv/ebs49743", and looking at the schedule menu it has only set the Really programmes to record.
    It looks like Humax have introduced a bug in the the FVP-4000T/FVP-5000T and are only using part of the series CRID when they should be using all of it.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 16:03:48 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

A1944 - 1 week ago  » 
    Out of interest, does anyone know of a way to display the CRID codes for programmes on the schedule of the 5000T?
    Edit: OK, I have found it via the Hidden Menu:
    ==============
    Bring up the System Information menu page
    Menu > Settings > System > System Information
    Access to the hidden menu is by an undocumented service code, On the Remote enter in sequence :-
    RED > GREEN > YELLOW > BLUE > GREEN > YELLOW > BLUE
    (ignore the "no entry" icon that appears on the screen).

Nice one A1944!
    I have been looking for the access code for a hidden menu for years (there had to be one). It is likely there are more, because this menu doesn't include much. Where did you find this code?

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 16:20:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

SSThing - 25 mins ago  » 

A1944 - 1 week ago  » 
    I have been looking for the access code for a hidden menu for years (there had to be one). It is likely there are more, because this menu doesn't include much. Where did you find this code?

It is the same as all the preceding Humax freeview HD recorders and receiver, and the satellite HDR-1000S series, which all are very similar to the 2008 Humax foxsat.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 16:52:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.