Changing CRID codes upsetting 5000T

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Luke - 11 mins ago  » 

SSThing - 25 mins ago  » 

A1944 - 1 week ago  » 
    I have been looking for the access code for a hidden menu for years (there had to be one). It is likely there are more, because this menu doesn't include much. Where did you find this code?

It is the same as all the preceding Humax freeview HD recorders and receiver, and the satellite HDR-1000S series, which all are very similar to the 2008 Humax foxsat.

It never occurred to me that it may be the same as another model.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 17:04:21 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I forget where I found it, though I don't think it referred to the 4000T/5000T, however I tried it and it worked.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 18:33:41 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

A1944 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I forget where I found it, though I don't think it referred to the 4000T/5000T, however I tried it and it worked.

I believe the wording you used earlier was first used on hummy.tv's description for the HDR-FOX T2 and HD-FOX T2
    https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Hidden_Settings_Menu

Closer to this forum are:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-reset-password-1
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-reset-password

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 20:34:09 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Luke - 2 hours ago  » 

A1944 - 1 hour ago  » 

I believe the wording you used earlier was first used on hummy.tv's description for the HDR-FOX T2 and HD-FOX T2
    https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Hidden_Settings_Menu

You are probably right, that does look familiar.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 22:58:06 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Interestingly - when I set to record Last night of the Proms on Saturday last a number of other programmes was set to record with the same series CRID - FP.BBC.CO.UK/P8TGSA. This included Radio 3 and BBC RB1 as well as BBC1 and BBC 2. However the Programme CRID showed different information for each programme as I would expect. Anybody know how this is meant to work? I assume a BBC "issue" which the HUMAX doesn't handle properly by ignoring the programme CRID

| Mon 16 Sep 2019 14:34:16 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

GrahamRHK - 22 hours ago  » 
    Interestingly - when I set to record Last night of the Proms on Saturday last a number of other programmes was set to record with the same series CRID - FP.BBC.CO.UK/P8TGSA. This included Radio 3 and BBC RB1 as well as BBC1 and BBC 2. However the Programme CRID showed different information for each programme as I would expect. Anybody know how this is meant to work?

It is up to the broadcaster to decide what they consider is a "series".
    The freeview "series" is just a way to link a group of programmes and are not necessarily what the average TV viewer would regard as a traditional series.

The progamme information is not held against a particular programme CRID. Each entry in the epg is allocated a unique "Event Id" for that channel. The programme information is held against the Event Id. To take an example, the SD and HD broadcast of episode 4 'The Capture' scheduled for broadcast on BBC ONE HD/SD have the same programme CRID but different programme information. This is only possible because the programme information is held against the event id, and not against the programme CRID.

GrahamRHK - 22 hours ago  » 
    I assume a BBC "issue" which the HUMAX doesn't handle properly by ignoring the programme CRID

With a "series" a recorder may ignore some of the events if they have the same programme CRID. Looking at one of the d-book versions it states that using the same programme CRID for 2 events within a series "prevents" duplicates being recorded, but it is not clear whether this is mandatory, or not, for a freeview recorder to check this.

Please would you explain with a bit more detail what you consider is an issue that could be caused by the BBC doing something wrong? From how it works, and from your description so far, I'm not following what the "issue" you refer to could be.

| Tue 17 Sep 2019 14:17:38 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Please would you explain with a bit more detail what you consider is an issue that could be caused by the BBC doing something wrong? From how it works, and from your description so far, I'm not following what the "issue" you refer to could be.

I put the word issue in quotes because I don't actually know whether there is an issue or not. I just find it odd that selecting Last Night of the Proms on BBC1 would also schedule radio programmes and BBC RB programmes. Although with the same Series CRID it is logical to record all programmes with that ID. But why would all (now 7 I think) programmes share the same Series CRID across TV, Radio and RB channels. I would expect the scheduling algorithms (in the HUMAX or any other similar device) to also take note of the Programme CRID and ignore those with a different Programme CRID.
    Just curious... Is there documentation about this protocol?

| Tue 17 Sep 2019 14:51:33 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

GrahamRHK - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is there documentation about this protocol?

Yes, but it can be costly to get hold of, and there is a new edition bought out almost on a yearly basis.
    The current protocol has to be compatible with recorders made a few years ago and so the 2011 edition, which can be got hold of thanks to wikileaks therefore is still a useful source of information concerning the various protocols. It is called "D-Book 7 Part A".
    If you do download a copy please don't quote verbatim as my understanding is that would implicate the site with a breach of copyright.

I put the word issue in quotes because I don't actually know whether there is an issue or not. I just find it odd that selecting Last Night of the Proms on BBC1 would also schedule radio programmes and BBC RB programmes. Although with the same Series CRID it is logical to record all programmes with that ID. But why would all (now 7 I think) programmes share the same Series CRID across TV, Radio and RB channels.

That was just a BBC choice.
    It is similar to the original post of this thread in that it is down to the broadcaster what the decide is part of a "Series" and what they think should be defined as separate series. The big difference between the two example sis that in A1944's example A1944 wanted different series in the overall series to be merged as one "freeview" series, but in your example you could put a case for the Proms to be split into a number of separate series.

I would expect the scheduling algorithms (in the HUMAX or any other similar device) to also take note of the Programme CRID and ignore those with a different Programme CRID.

The Series CRID, and the programme CRID, are two different things.
    When looking for events with the same Series CRID as the original event selected from the epg to record, it takes note of the Series CRID and, (on the whole), ignores those with a different Series CRID.

| Tue 17 Sep 2019 17:15:27 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Luke, thank you for all this. I get it now - most helpful. Amazing what one can learn from an excellent forum like this. Not a BBC "issue' - just choice by the programme schedulers there. And it seems that HUMAX is "working as designed". At least I have the option to delete!

| Wed 18 Sep 2019 7:52:02 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I see the BBC have done it again. Tonight's Pointless (BBC1-HD) was missing from my schedule, so I reprogrammed it. On investigation, even though they are in mid series, the Series CRID had completely changed.

FP.BBC.CO.UK/M/5813

to:
    FP.BBC.CO.UK/B/4UPSGY

You really have to watch the schedule like a hawk. It was never like this with my much loved, now deceased, Topfield.

| Wed 16 Oct 2019 15:34:33 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.