My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Confused about streaming

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I'd like to be able to stream home photos from my computer to my TV, which is not Smart via my 1100S. Is it possble at sll? if it is, what is the set up procedure, please?

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 11:00:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The 1100 can act as a client to a server on your PC. You need to detail what PC operating system you are running and others will offer you best advice for that setup.

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 11:30:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Windows 10 Home 64

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 14:38:49 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You have to enable sharing on the PC.

It should then appear in Home, Humax, Media Share.

(I give my PC's/Laptops names so they are easy to identify on network connected devices)

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 23:18:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

If what I have done:
    i.e In Control Panel I have

Chosen View network status and tasks under Network and Internet
    Selected Change advanced sharing settings in Network and Sharing Center.
    Chosen Turn on file and printer sharing or Turn off file and printer sharing, and tap Save changes.

then when I go to Media share, where it mentions servers, I see none.

I feel dumbe, nut is there something I,m missing, need to do?

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 17:55:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cerclebois - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Chosen Turn on file and printer sharing or Turn off file and printer sharing, and tap Save changes.

I think you are missing a step. After turning on file and printer sharing go down to the bottom of the same screen and choose "All networks" and then under "Media Streaming" select "Choose media streaming options" and then click on the "Turn on Media Streaming" button.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 18:04:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Well, thanks my computer is now showing up. However I am still confused how to get photos or videos stored on the computer to appear on the TV screen.

I'm guessing I need make a connection, access point using the USB ports in the Humax. Right? is there someway i could make use of the current HomePlug connection I use for the inbuilt streaminf services like IPlayer?

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 19:07:04 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well, thanks my computer is now showing up. However I am still confused how to get photos or videos stored on the computer to appear on the TV screen.
    I'm guessing I need make a connection, access point using the USB ports in the Humax. Right? is there someway i could make use of the current HomePlug connection I use for the inbuilt streaminf services like IPlayer?

Nothing to do with USB, you just need to add the folders you have content you want to share to your libraries on your windows 10 PC.

Assuming you have set up Windows 10 file sharing already.

Open Windows File Explorer. You should see a entry labelled libraries. Click on it to open it.

You should see the content types you can share.

Click on say Videos - You should see the folders visible to external kit. To add one - right click on the video folder and choose add. Browse to a video folder you want to add to sharing. Repeat for music (MP3) etc. The folders you have added should be now visible on your box.

Confused by your reference to iplayer. What we are trying to do is help you watch Video, Music and Photos you have already saved on your computer or external connected drives to your PC.

Both your PC and your box can view iplayer completely independently so a tad confused what you mean.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 21:00:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Don't worry about IPlayer mention. our reply on USB covered it.

I don't see "Add" as such when I right click on say Videos. What I do see is "Share with" and further options of "Home Group-view", "Home Group- view and edit", and "Specific People". I have tied the first option, but nothing has appeared on TV screen except, in Media Share the computer's desktop identifier, and in My Photos, Music Videos, Homax Internal Drive with opportunities to change names.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 10:52:48 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Don't worry about IPlayer mention. our reply on USB covered it.
    I don't see "Add" as such when I right click on say Videos. What I do see is "Share with" and further options of "Home Group-view", "Home Group- view and edit", and "Specific People". I have tied the first option, but nothing has appeared on TV screen except, in Media Share the computer's desktop identifier, and in My Photos, Music Videos, Homax Internal Drive with opportunities to change names.

That's because you haven't set up Windows 10 to share content.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/how-to-set-up-file-sharing-on-windows-10

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 11:11:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.