My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Connect to internet using TP-Link WR802N

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

steveb60

Martin Liddle - 23 hours ago  » 

steveb60 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have tried both DHCP and fixed IP address and the result is the same.

My question was whether the laptop is obtaining its address via DHCP and I am not sure if that is the question you are answering?

Sorry Martin, probably reaching the perimeter of my computer knowledge now. Knowledge, rather than ability... I'm not sure how to tell if the laptop is obtaining its address via DHCP... Can you tell me how to find this?
    Thanks
    Steve.

| Tue 7 Mar 2017 11:52:39 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

steveb60 - 53 minutes ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 23 hours ago  » 
    My question was whether the laptop is obtaining its address via DHCP and I am not sure if that is the question you are answering?

Sorry Martin, probably reaching the perimeter of my computer knowledge now. Knowledge, rather than ability... I'm not sure how to tell if the laptop is obtaining its address via DHCP... Can you tell me how to find this?

Based on what you say it probably is. If you really want to check (and are using Windows) go to control panel>network and Sharing Centre>Change Adapter settings and select the ethernet port>Properties>Internet Protocol Version 4>Properties it should be set to Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server automatically

| Tue 7 Mar 2017 12:53:21 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.