My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Connecting LG dvd player to Humax HDR-2000T

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rose7

I have an old TV which has a single scart socket. I connected my Humax set top box to this (the Humax 2000T also only has one scart socket). I have just bought an LG dvd player which was supplied with a HDMI cable. I have connected this to the Humax with the HDMI cable but when I turn on the DVD player, nothing displays on my TV. I have no technical knowledge whatsoever. I thought it might need a coxial connection and bought a coxial cable - but that has made no difference. I can see the dvd disc counter moving on the dvd player and hear the disc going round but nothing is happening on my tv screen. Can someone please assist? Thank you.

| Fri 25 Aug 2017 19:58:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rose7 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have an old TV which has a single scart socket. I connected my Humax set top box to this (the Humax 2000T also only has one scart socket). I have just bought an LG dvd player which was supplied with a HDMI cable. I have connected this to the Humax with the HDMI cable but when I turn on the DVD player, nothing displays on my TV.

Sorry but that won't work; the HDMI socket on the Humax is for output only. IF you want to get the DVD player working then you will need an HDMI to SCART converter eg Link to ebay and a SCART switch Another link to ebay

| Fri 25 Aug 2017 21:37:47 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.