My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

copying to DVD from HDR2000T

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Could I transfer a recording from my Humax HDR2000T via the HDMI lead, to my computer DVD recorder, using free software, such as CDburnerXP for instance? My LG DVD recorder has now given up, & I record cartoons for my grandkids.

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 11:42:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Very unlikely to work. Even if the computer has a hdmi input (very unlikely) HDCP will stop you copying that way. You can though export SD recordings to a usb drive and burn the .ts files produced to a DVD using DVD Authoring Software.

DVDflick is free for instance

http://www.dvdflick.net/

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 12:42:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

My Dell computer has got an HDMI socket. What is an SD recording though, & how do I get it on a USB? (is it the opposite of an HD recording?) I also have a remote backup 1TB drive. I suppose that would do as well?

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 13:58:21 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

inspector - 3 minutes ago  » 
    My Dell computer has got an HDMI socket. What is an SD recording though, & how do I get it on a USB? (is it the opposite of an HD recording?) I also have a remote backup 1TB drive. I suppose that would do as well?

The socket is an output designed to show your PC output on a monitor or TV with a HDMI input. It cannot be used as an input to the PC. Connecting the HDR2000T HDMI out to the PC HFMI out could in fact do some damage so I would recommend you don't try it.

Not having a HDR2000T I am not certain what USB file systems are supported for write operations. Copying a SD recording to a usb drive removes the encryption so you can use the recording file on a PC.

The earlier Humax boxes supported FAT32 and EXT3 (EXT2 on a USB memory stick). Your 1TB drive is probably formatted ntfs. Not sure if the HDR2000T can write to ntfs (Barry will know). The earlier HDR FOX T2 is able to write to ntfs but only with the aid of a software add on.

SD - Standard Definition recorded from any channel other than a HD one.

The user manual should detail how to copy recordings to a usb drive connected to the pvr.

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 14:09:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 
    The earlier Humax boxes supported FAT32 and EXT3 (EXT2 on a USB memory stick). Your 1TB drive is probably formatted ntfs. Not sure if the HDR2000T can write to ntfs (Barry will know).

The HDR-2000T and the HDR-1800T support both reading and writing to NTFS formatted drives.

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 14:22:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Thanks for all your help.

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 16:52:07 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

inspector - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for all your help.

If you want to edit out the ads and top and tail recordings I can recommend Videoredo TVsuite. It will also create DVD's with menus. It's not free but is lightning fast compared to DVDFLICK.

Trial download from here

http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 17:04:13 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.