My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Coronation Street - failed recordings

(63 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

All of mine recorded tonight, so I have now deleted the timers for ITV and ITV+1

Hopefully I haven’t been too eager

| Wed 29 Jun 2022 21:20:03 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

tajd

Mine also recorded twice is a row I think it’s fixed so let’s no jinx it lol

| Wed 29 Jun 2022 22:05:04 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Harters - 1 week ago  » 

Petergarner - 7 hours ago  » 
    I have just joined this forum because I am having the same problem recording Coronation Street HD. It must be a fault in the latest software upgrade. Is there anyone from Humax on this forum who could throw some light on this problem?

There hasn’t been an upgrade for ages so it can’t be that.
    There used to be amazing interaction from Humax on this forum via the Beta testers but that seems to have disappeared completely.
    It really does feel like we have been abandoned

(Hands up from a Beta tester)
    There have been major niggles, particularly when the box was first released for sale, as a fair few Beta & non-Beta testers will testify.

Speaking purely in a personal capacity, the reason for my lack of interaction is I'm still monitoring the performance of the loaned box, particularly after the recent closure of COM7.

My main issue was, I was picking up the COM7 signal from multiple transmitters (CH55 in this location - transmitters Winter Hill & Moel-y-Parc) which caused random picture/sound breakups, weak signal messages during periods of high pressure, failed recordings and so on.

I went as far as changing the aerial to a Yagi from an old high gain solid reflector type & putting webro WF100 cable direct to box on a shorter run, with no attenuator.

https://cpc.farnell.com/blake-uk/dmct-f/aerial-15-element-group-t-f-type/dp/AP03106?CMP=TREML007-005

Happily, the loaned box seems to be better and more stable on this arrangement, despite 'no signal' on a couple of days during the last period of high pressure.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/heatwave-risk-to-freeview-signal

I'm hoping the closure of COM7 will make the box even more stable, though I still have the odd niggle with the box in other areas.

As far as Corrie's concerned I did have an issue a long time ago with the (Freesat) recording on my HDR-1000S box cutting Corrie off before the credits.

After contacting ITV's technical team, they eventually sorted the issue out though it did take a couple of Weeks reporting back.

It turned out to be the end 'flag' ITV broadcasts was being sent out OTA at the wrong time, so hopefully for yourselves it's the same fix.

I haven't had the problem recently as after a period of withdrawal symptoms, I've managed to kick my Corrie habit

| Fri 1 Jul 2022 14:31:40 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Have to say, apart from the ITVHD issue (hopefully resolved) and the random reboots (good since full factory reset) the box is performing very well and satisfies my needs.

The only other odd niggle I seem to be getting, again recently, is a message popping up saying 'Wifi disconnected', but I do not notice any interruption in service when I am watching Plex or YouTube, so I do not know what that is all about. I do not get one saying 'Wifi connected'

| Fri 1 Jul 2022 14:37:09 #54 |
  5. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Harters - 1 week ago  » 

RichardE - 1 min ago  » 
    I've been having exactly the same issue, won't record Coronation Street on ITVHD since appr 13th June. I deleted the program from schedule and was going to reschedule but if factory default doesn't work it must be the program ID in the epg. Will try the ITV and ITV+1 versions instead.

How interesting, that date is probably the same as when mine started playing up. Glad it’s not just me.
    Certainly are some strange things happening lately for no apparent reason….

I am also having the same issue

| Fri 1 Jul 2022 16:07:05 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

mhargreaves - 16 hours ago  » 

Harters - 1 week ago  » 

RichardE - 1 min ago  » 
    I've been having exactly the same issue, won't record Coronation Street on ITVHD since appr 13th June. I deleted the program from schedule and was going to reschedule but if factory default doesn't work it must be the program ID in the epg. Will try the ITV and ITV+1 versions instead.

How interesting, that date is probably the same as when mine started playing up. Glad it’s not just me.
    Certainly are some strange things happening lately for no apparent reason….

I am also having the same issue

Really, mine has recorded every episode this week, so I thought it must have been sorted.

| Sat 2 Jul 2022 8:53:13 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cupboardy

Has anyone noticed something similar - recording always starting 5 minutes late-with Our Great Yorkshire Life, Thursday Channel 5?

For the last two weeks the recording has started at 19.05. But everything looks fine in the EPG.

| Fri 15 Jul 2022 20:52:23 #57 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Cupboardy - 14 hours ago  » 
    Has anyone noticed something similar - recording always starting 5 minutes late-with Our Great Yorkshire Life, Thursday Channel 5?
    For the last two weeks the recording has started at 19.05. But everything looks fine in the EPG.

My recordings of this programme have started on time so far.

| Sat 16 Jul 2022 11:44:23 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogerd

Has this issue with Coronation St ITV1HD returned? Last night failed and I looked for the next one (not set) so I set it to record and was not offered the series record option....

| Thu 15 Sep 2022 18:51:14 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Happened to me too on ITV Meridian, but I put it down to the changes in many schedules due to the recent very sad event.

It will be interesting to see if it records tonight.

| Thu 15 Sep 2022 18:54:37 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.