My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Creaking Remote Control

(5 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Slightly odd issue but after 6 months use the Aura's remote control has started creaking. Does anyone else have this?

It's not down to abuse or being dropped, it creaks whilst using it and on investigation it seems to have started flexing slightly. Never had this issue with the previous Humax 5000T Freeview or 1000S Freesat remotes and I had those for years.

I definitely know a firmware update won't fix this one I wonder if its covered under the warrantee?

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 12:08:20 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

Is this a problem? My aura remote control does this, as do many of my other remote controls from various makers including amazon, Denon, Humax, JVC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, and Topfield.

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 12:39:44 #2 |
  3. barrados

barrados

Both of my aura remotes creak,,,,, one is less than a week old.
    None of my other humax remotes do it and the fox sat must be 10 or 11 years old.
    I think it's just the light weight plastic.

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 13:11:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Video Recorder

Mine also does this it's the low point of the device imo. It feels like it's made out of paper compared to my LG TV remote which feels like it's hewn from a lump of granite.

Hope it stands the test of time.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 18:21:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Video Recorder

As an aside I have a nearly new Harmony 665 that i'll look at putting into action sooner rather than later so I can put the Aura remote into mothballs for safekeeping.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 21:45:18 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.