My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Deleted All Recordings From Aura

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

Hi,
    Newbie to this forum, so apologies in advance if this post is in the wrong section, or maybe been answered before.
    Somehow, yesterday I seemed to have deleted all my recordings on my Humax Aura. I obviously did something stupid, but do not know what. I can’t see them anywhere on the system when I switched the recorder on today.
    Have I lost all my recordings, or are they still stored somewhere, and can be restored somehow?
    Any advice, suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

| Sat 17 Aug 2024 12:27:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

That really depends on whether the disk free space looks about the same as before your recordings vanished.
    I know of no way to recover the files on the Aura itself*. If the files still exist they're hidden and require some messing about to save them to a PC - and then only if they're not in HD.

*It may be possible to find them by using the VLC app (if you have it, or install it you'd have to goto Browsing, Internal HDD, Android, data,
    com.humaxdigital.corona.tvinput.freeview, files, recordings where you might see the programme names in an odd format. Enter that folder and click on the .ts file.)

| Sat 17 Aug 2024 13:37:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

EEPhil,
    Thank you for your reply to my query.
    My free space on my Aura this morning was showing as 96%. Yesterday it was showing 76%. Interestingly, it was showing the programmes I recorded overnight and also a couple of programmes I recorded several months ago!
    I will look into the VLC app you suggest, but it sounds like a complicated process to implement.

| Sat 17 Aug 2024 14:34:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

With 96% free I think your recordings are gone for good. Sorry, but that probably means no recovery possible, even by complicated means. I wonder if the old programmes were really there. Did you try playing them?

| Sun 18 Aug 2024 6:18:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

EEPhil,

Thank you for your reply, and I have to agree with you and think my previous recordings are lost. Strangely though, those couple of “old” recordings that were there yesterday morning, I was able to play back ok.
    I do wonder though what I did to delete all the other recordings. Does the Aura have a delete all function which I may have accidentally, and unknowingly, triggered?

| Sun 18 Aug 2024 8:01:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Reformatting the disk would do it, but wouldn't leave anything from before. That would suggest being on the recordings screen and pressing fast forward (>>) (select all) and then red (delete). Then you'd get a pop up "are you sure" style message. Again this wouldn't leave recordings behind - unless some were deselected first. Very strange!

| Sun 18 Aug 2024 11:10:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

Thanks EEPhil. I guess I’m going to have to avoid pressing fast forward, select all and the the red delete button!

| Sun 18 Aug 2024 12:00:46 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Could it be possible that someone wanted to delete those old remaining recordings and not being aware that all recordings were selected deselected them from deletion then pressed the red button and deleted everything else. It would explain why they and the overnight recordings were still there where as a fault would have wiped everything.

| Sun 18 Aug 2024 14:12:05 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

trog,

Thank your reply to my query.
    I am pretty sure now it was my own actions that cause the deletion of those recordings. I believe it occurred as a result of me fast forwarding to the end of one of my latest recordings Friday evening so I could delete it, when the system automatically took me back to the recordings list screen. I must have continued pressing the fast forward function which resulted in me selecting all my previous recordings, apart from a couple right at the end of the list. Without noticing this, I then selected the delete function, thinking I was only going to delete the recording at the top of my list.
    My initial fast forwarding to the end of the first recording on my list, was actually an attempt to get to the bottom of another problem I have been having with my Aura recording programmes on the Sky Mix channel, Freeview channel 11, broadcast after 9-00pm. This a really weird problem, which I am still investigating, but may end up coming back to this forum for some help resolving!

| Sun 18 Aug 2024 16:37:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

My initial fast forwarding to the end of the first recording on my list, was actually an attempt to get to the bottom of another problem I have been having with my Aura recording programmes on the Sky Mix channel, Freeview channel 11, broadcast after 9-00pm. This a really weird problem, which I am still investigating, but may end up coming back to this forum for some help resolving!

There have been several posts regarding the issue with a certain mux (multiplex Com 5/ ArqA) where people are experiencing freezing and drop out on live viewing and recordings on that mux and the channels it carries.
    This could be what you are experiencing, nothing you can do to rectify it as it is a broadcast problem that seems to be affecting the Aura in particular.The issue has been reported to Humax who have said they 'are looking into it, we shall see.

| Sun 18 Aug 2024 17:25:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.