My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Device id problem

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

There are two hdr-1000s boxes in our home. Almost every time my daughter uses her android tablet to use youtube via her box she clicks into my box instead. The device id on both boxes are very similar. Is there any way to change the id on these boxes or is it a fixed setting? Any help greatly appreciated guys.

| Tue 8 Sep 2015 18:14:38 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

robert1997 - 19 minutes ago  » 
    There are two hdr-1000s boxes in our home. Almost every time my daughter uses her android tablet to use youtube via her box she clicks into my box instead. The device id on both boxes are very similar. Is there any way to change the id on these boxes or is it a fixed setting? Any help greatly appreciated guys.

Don't understand why she does not use the Youtube app on her phone directly? What android version?

| Tue 8 Sep 2015 18:36:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

She has severe sight loss, however my query is more in relation to the possibility, if any, of changing the device id of the boxes.

| Tue 8 Sep 2015 20:25:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

robert1997 - 1 hour ago  » 
    She has severe sight loss, however my query is more in relation to the possibility, if any, of changing the device id of the boxes.

I guess the device id is built in to the box (possibly related to the box MAC address). Only suggestion I have is the display order of the available devices is likely to be fixed. If your daughters device id is second in the list as seems likely then a down push on the remote before clicking on the pair TV screen should work.

Zooming in on the tablet using the normal touch screen zoom (drag with two fingers - left diagonally down and right diagonally up may help).

| Tue 8 Sep 2015 22:18:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

Cheers Graham. We've had a look and you are correct. My daughters box always shows as being 2nd on the list. I should have noticed that before now. Many thanks. Maybe now I can watch my shows without being interrupted by her music videos

| Tue 8 Sep 2015 22:27:28 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.