My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Disappearing signal

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

I have a problem with switching from non-freesat to freesat mode using a new 1100S receiver. I have twin leads from the dish, one from the Astra 2 lnb and the other from a diseqc switch with inputs from the Astra 2,Astra1 & Hotbird lnbs. This is a new box a few days old (to replace a 1000hdr which operated in a similar manner until the disk failed). I have been trying to load up some Astra1 channels in non freesat mode. Before I started the box was receiving full strength signals on both lines in freesat mode. After loading the Astra1 channels I returned to freesat mode but received an indication that signal strength was weak and found that I only have signal on the diseqc lead. The lead direct from the astra2 lnb shows nil signal. So 30 mins earlier both leads were working and now one refuses.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    Geoff

| Wed 30 Aug 2017 22:30:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Change the leads over and check if the problem moves with the direct connection, could be a problem with the connection from the dish. Also, as a fall back you could do a factory reset and see if the box shows both tuners OK in Freesat mode. If OK then that may suggest the problem is being introduced by entering non-Freesat. If not OK then again could be a problem with the connection from the dish.

| Thu 31 Aug 2017 11:15:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

I'd already done a factory reset before your post and it didn't result in the box recognising the 2 signals. I changed the leads and strangely with one connected we were able to watch tv. I've carried out a reset this morning and the box now recognises the 2 signals. Why is this receiver so fickle? What is the problem with going into and back from non-freesat? I'm reluctant to try and add the non-freesat channels that we had on the previous 1000s receiver.

| Fri 1 Sep 2017 13:23:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

There is no known problem with going into non-Freesat nor is the box known to be fickle. I was simply offering you a means of segregating the possible causes. If you now go into non-Freesat and it works all OK then it looks like your connections.

| Fri 1 Sep 2017 14:07:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

I've checked the connections as best as I can and everything is secure. The starting point now is that the receiver is recognising 2 strong signals and all works fine is Freesat mode. I've then gone into non-FS mode and used the hidden menu to download FTA channels from Astra 1 and Hotbird. These work fine but when I return to Freesat mode the receiver says it's only receving a weak signal and there's no domestic channels. I've then done a factory reset. At the stage where it carries out signal detection it repeats that there is only a weak signal but the process carries on and it does download the domestic channels for our postcode area. A summary screen appears (see attached file). So we've gone from 2 strong freesat signals, nonFS mode, weak signal, reset and eventually back to 2 strong signals without swapping any cables or connections. After the reset I ventured into the non-Freesat mode. It correctly identified that there were no saved channels but when I returned to Freesat mode again we have the "weak signal" situation and I've had to carry out another factory reset to recover the domestic channels---and the same process took place where the receiver says weak channels but goes onto recognise 2 strong signals.

Any ideas why stepping into in non-freesat mode causes this problem when I return to FS mode?

Thanks
    Geoff

| Sun 24 Sep 2017 12:39:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

I've resized the previous attachment

Attachments

1. 20170922_214639.jpg (35.7 KB, 7 downloads) 6 years old
    | Sun 24 Sep 2017 12:45:25 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Is the 28.2E feed connected to LNB 1?
    Is the 28.2E feed via DESEQC switch connected to port 1?

I am no expert on this but I remember reading that the choice of port is important.

Switching between freesat and non-freesat with two 28.2E feeds is seamless. I think the problem is more related to the switch.

The HDR-1000s and the newer HDR-1100S run the same software.

| Sun 24 Sep 2017 13:37:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

The direct 28.2E feed is into LNB 1 and the download from the diseqc switch into LNB 2. The screenshot above indicates the input from diseqc A. Nothing about the layout has changed since the previous receiver when non-freesat to freesat was smooth.

| Sun 24 Sep 2017 17:53:40 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Geoff45 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    The direct 28.2E feed is into LNB 1 and the download from the diseqc switch into LNB 2. The screenshot above indicates the input from diseqc A. Nothing about the layout has changed since the previous receiver when non-freesat to freesat was smooth.

Not tried it on a 2nd generation model, but I think I recall from the Foxsat-HDR if using a single diseqc it has to be on tuner 1 in. If you have two inputs from each orbital point you can add a second to lnb 2 in.

| Sun 24 Sep 2017 18:02:18 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Geoff45 - 4 minutes ago  » 

Not tried it on a 2nd generation model, but I think I recall from the Foxsat-HDR if using a single diseqc it has to be on tuner 1 in. If you have two inputs from each orbital point you can add a second to lnb 2 in.

Glad to see you on this thread Graham.
    Your memory on such matters is more extensive than mine.
    One more question for the OP - what is the setting in the antenna menu?

| Sun 24 Sep 2017 19:05:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.