My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Disappearing signal

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

Graham,

Changing to diseqc A results in full strength and the receiver performs ok but it doesn't retain the changed setting. It always reverts to Freesat and LNB tather than diseqc A.

I've persevered with this issue and have had a degree of success. In non-FS mode I can change to Diseqc B & Astra 1 and download channels that I want. Interestingly after selecting the combination of switch input and satellite there's a bar graph for signal strength and it indicates no signal but the next step scans and dowmloads loads of channels---so there is obviously signal. In fact once I'm viewing in non-FS mode and go to settings / signal strenght it shows a 90% signal. When I switch back to Freesat mode all works OK.

There does seem to be a problem with receiving Hotbird. Selecting Diseqc C and Hotbird the receiver is not seeing anything whch makes me suspect that the switch isn't workign on this port. I think Repassac suggested in an earlier post that there may be a problem with the switch. If I try and save this scan then it all goes wrong and switching back to Freesat the receiver then gives the indication of weak signal. So we'll live without Hotbird until I can replace the switch.

Thanks for all the replies on this matter.
    Geoff

| Mon 2 Oct 2017 17:21:02 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

I've fitted a new switch and can now pick up Hotbird in addition to Astra 1 but the one channel I want refuses to appear.

A Swiss TV channel is availbe FTA on Hotbird at 11526 H 29700 2/3. This frequency isn't in the standard list so I added it as "user defined" against my diseqc C setting for Hotbird. The scan rewturns nothing.

I've double checked the frequency / transponder detials on Eutelsat's website and it's correct.

Any ideas?

| Wed 18 Oct 2017 22:03:19 #22 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Lyngsat shows it as HD encrypted.

DVB-S2
    MPEG-4/HD
    Viaccess 2.6
    Viaccess 4.0
    Viaccess 5.0

| Thu 19 Oct 2017 7:29:31 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

The first line on Lyngsat's page does indicate encryption but the second, see attachment for SRF Info, isn't and has the F for FTA. We used to receive this on our previous Humax rxer.

Attachments

1. SFi.JPG (25.9 KB, 2 downloads) 6 years old
    | Thu 19 Oct 2017 12:50:47 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

According to kingofsat only SRF INFO HD is available FTA.

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-13E.php

| Thu 19 Oct 2017 13:41:52 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

Agreed. So why doesn't the receiver pick up anything at this frequency? It's certainly receiving many other signals from Hotbird!

| Thu 19 Oct 2017 15:09:31 #26 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try two nearby Horizontal FTA frequencies (above and below), do you receive them.

| Thu 19 Oct 2017 15:17:37 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Geoff45 - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Agreed. So why doesn't the receiver pick up anything at this frequency? It's certainly receiving many other signals from Hotbird!

Try scanning to include encrypted channels. You should at least see the station ID's. Of course you can't watch encrypted content.

There is some radio channels on that transponder.

Have you other transponders using the Europe 9 beam footprint ?

| Thu 19 Oct 2017 15:42:10 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

Scanning for adjacent channels worked; receiving all. I then realised that the default scan is DVB. SRF uses DVB-S2. Selected that and bingo! We now have SRF Info and Swiss radio.

Thanks for all yuor suggestions.

| Thu 19 Oct 2017 17:29:57 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

All was working well but I now have an issue which may be the diseqc switch. Freesat mode has 2 strong signals, one comes through the switch. Changing over to STB mode is flawless and I can receive both Astra1 or Hotbird signals but switch back to Freesat results in swarming that that there's weak or no signal. Checking the signal strength shows tuner 2 with full strength but no signal on tuner 1. Looks like the diseqc switch hasn't changed back to Astra2. At this point I can switch back to STB mode and fortunately have still got Channel 4 from Astra2 as my channel 5000 signal. The receiver switches to this albeit with a few stutters and we have 2 full strength signals. I can then switch to Freesat and again have 2 signals. Lucky I've got Channel 4 to use as a rescue!

Changing the switch isn't a problem but would be interested in any thoughts about a possible problem in the receiver.

Thanks.

| Sun 5 Nov 2017 17:52:27 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.