My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Disk Drive for PVR-9300T

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rob D

This is my first post. I recently lost the index to the programs on my PVR-9300T. I am very grateful to the people who have described the use of humaxrw to recover their av files from their humax disk to their PC. I have been able to download humaxrw and follow the process to recover a lot of my av files to my PC. My 9300T hard disk is a Western Digital WD3200AVVS-63L2B0 dated 01 Feb 2011. Now I am unsure whether or not to format this disk and then copy the av files back onto the disk from my PC, or buy a new disk and then copy the av files onto that. Can I ask for opinions about this please? I would also like to know if I can use a different hard disk (possibly of different capacity) and if so whether anyone can make a recommendation about this please? Before I lost my program index I can say that I often saw multiple entries of the same recording in the recorded programs listing. I wonder if other people have seen this and whether it is an indication of the hard disk failing?

| Sun 25 Feb 2018 23:50:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rob D - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Now I am unsure whether or not to format this disk and then copy the av files back onto the disk from my PC, or buy a new disk and then copy the av files onto that. Can I ask for opinions about this please?

The easy way is to format it in the Humax, attempt to put the recordings back and see what happens next; if the corruption occurs again fairly quickly then the disk is failing. Alternatively if you want a more scientific approach, connect it to a PC and obtain the SMART data (effectively the hard drive health record) and post it here for an opinion on whether the drive is end of life.

I would also like to know if I can use a different hard disk (possibly of different capacity) and if so whether anyone can make a recommendation about this please?

You want a drive that is optimised for use in a PVR and there is no point in fitting one much larger than 500GB. If you want to go down that route I will provide some suggestions.

Before I lost my program index I can say that I often saw multiple entries of the same recording in the recorded programs listing. I wonder if other people have seen this and whether it is an indication of the hard disk failing?

No it is not a reliable indicator of the hard drive failing. It is simply an indication that the file system is becoming corrupt; I have in the past used hard drives for several years after the file system became corrupt and the drive was formatted.

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 0:21:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rob D

Hi Martin, Thank you very much for your advice. I have run CrystalDiskInfo to obtain the SMART data for my 9300T hard disk. I attach this in the uploaded file SMARTdiskinfo.png If you could take a look at this and give me an opinion I would be grateful.

Attachments

1. SMARTdiskInfo.png (73.5 KB, 8 downloads) 6 years old
    | Mon 26 Feb 2018 10:45:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rob D - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have run CrystalDiskInfo to obtain the SMART data for my 9300T hard disk. I attach this in the uploaded file SMARTdiskinfo.png If you could take a look at this and give me an opinion I would be grateful.

Looks absolutely fine to me.

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 12:11:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rob D

Thank you.

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 16:40:36 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.