My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

DLNA/UPNP issues

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ched999uk

Harters - 11 mins ago  » 
    I watch SD recordings from my Aura on our Bedroom TV using Kodi on a Firestick and it works a treat. I am able to jump through the ads as well without issue. It will also resume if you stop partway through.
    It will play HD recordings too, but if I try and jump it will stop playback and will lose its position.

That sounds promising. What method did you use to 'connect' the Aura as a video source to Kodi?
    Cheers

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 18:39:30 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

ched999uk - 3 hours ago  » 

Harters - 11 mins ago  » 
    I watch SD recordings from my Aura on our Bedroom TV using Kodi on a Firestick and it works a treat. I am able to jump through the ads as well without issue. It will also resume if you stop partway through.
    It will play HD recordings too, but if I try and jump it will stop playback and will lose its position.

That sounds promising. What method did you use to 'connect' the Aura as a video source to Kodi?
    Cheers

I did the following within Kodi:

Movies
    + Add videos
    Browse
    UPnP devices

My Aura was visible including it’s up address

OK

That was it, hope this helps

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 22:33:35 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ched999uk

Harters - 22 mins ago  » 

Harters - 11 mins ago  » 

Cheers

Movies
    + Add videos
    Browse
    UPnP devices
    OK

Cheers, I will give that a go. I used FTP settings, so maybe upnp is the better way to go.

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 22:56:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Harters - 16 hours ago  » 

Harters - 11 mins ago  » 

Cheers

Movies
    + Add videos
    Browse
    UPnP devices
    OK

interesting I cannot get any of that pause/jump/etc to work on any app, i tried including my Mac, Android phone, fire or Roku.

Did you already say if you're doing any conversions to mobile format on recordings on the Aura first?

There hasn't been a recent update has there, I didn't try for a few weeks. Thanks for the information, if it works for you it can't just be a limitation on the device after all

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 15:25:36 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

ched999uk - 1 day ago  » 
    I am quite surprised that there are not more threads about streaming from the Aura and that sort of stuff as it does seem to be the bit of kit most likely to be able to do this sort of stuff. Maybe it's just very few people use Freeview stuff anymore - judging by the number of boxes for sale there isn't much demand.
    I will keep trying...

I see streaming recorded shows to different devices as quite niche really, most will watch on the TV it's recorded from or will use the Aura app to watch on their phone...I haven't used that much but it seems to work well.
    I see it as a really cool thing but a nice bonus, not a core feature. Probably their coders saw it was quite easy to do.
    I don't know of other recorders will let you archive or stream like this but it's way better than 4OD or ITVX.

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 15:30:27 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Misterhumax - 1 hour ago  » 

Harters - 16 hours ago  » 

Harters - 11 mins ago  » 

Cheers

Movies
    + Add videos
    Browse
    UPnP devices
    OK

interesting I cannot get any of that pause/jump/etc to work on any app, i tried including my Mac, Android phone, fire or Roku.
    Did you already say if you're doing any conversions to mobile format on recordings on the Aura first?
    There hasn't been a recent update has there, I didn't try for a few weeks. Thanks for the information, if it works for you it can't just be a limitation on the device after all

I haven't done any conversion before hand, it simply plays from the Aura using Kodi onto my TV upstairs using a Firestick

Press once on the round shuttle button and it jumps +10 seconds, press again and it will jump +30. If I press it 3 times quickly, it will jump 3 minutes.

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 16:45:49 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

It's curious that it works for SD not HD. thinking about it all my recordings are from HD channels. But not all are shows that benefit much (I'm recording all of Frasier!) I'll have to test this next

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 19:14:31 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Well that's weird, I installed Kodi (v20) on the Chromecast and there is no "upnp devices" option at all.

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 19:21:59 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Misterhumax - 9 mins ago  » 
    Well that's weird, I installed Kodi (v20) on the Chromecast and there is no "upnp devices" option at all.

Oh dear, glad I didn’t upgrade when I saw the message about the new version.

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 19:32:08 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ched999uk

Misterhumax - 13 mins ago  » 

I've got Kodi V20 on my Aura and when in the add video screen I can browse and get the list of things like Network (SMB), Local, upnp etc.

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 19:37:02 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.