| Sun 27 Dec 2015 22:37:19 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Barry - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Yep know about that, already unticked.

Now that is very odd.

Just for comparison this is my drive mapped to "Recordings".

I spent a couple of hours tonight trying to transcode one of the .ts files from an SD recording to .mpg, or anything playable on a Win PC but have failed, even though I tried all my usual decoder programs, both free like VLC or purchased like VideoReDo, but so far I've not found anything which will read these files!

I've uploaded a slightly larger screenshot but can't see how to delete the first version. Drive-Z with the hyphen!

Attachments

1. Drive-Z.jpg (96.5 KB, 10 downloads) 8 years old
    2. DriveZ.jpg (96 KB, 11 downloads) 8 years old
    | Sun 27 Dec 2015 23:45:16 #23 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Barry - Latest.jpg - what are you using to display the image? It looks like a view from perhaps a media player rather than Windows file Explorer.

RichardS-UK - You images are what I would expect from a network share except the MPEG-TS. I think this is due to your mapping of .ts in the registry [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT] check all the MPEG types. I attach my definition of .ts.

A .ts from a Foxsat plays directly in WMP and the VLC media player for me.

Attachments

1. ts.txt (1.2 KB, 4 downloads) 8 years old
    | Mon 28 Dec 2015 9:25:13 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

REPASSAC - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Barry - Latest.jpg - what are you using to display the image? It looks like a view from perhaps a media player rather than Windows file Explorer.
    RichardS-UK - You images are what I would expect from a network share except the MPEG-TS. I think this is due to your mapping of .ts in the registry [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT] check all the MPEG types. I attach my definition of .ts.
    A .ts from a Foxsat plays directly in WMP and the VLC media player for me.

I've attached my .ts registry entry. Obviously this only shows the default icon and default association but neither of these are important as all my Recordings files, whether HD or SD have the same .ts file extension so will all display the same icon unlike Barry's screenshot, and the association is not an issue because I'm opening the SD .ts file in specific video players rather than double-clicking. I've downloaded the lastest version of VLC but no joy which means that any GNU player based on ffmpeg is not going to work. Humax seem to have changed the .ts format for the FVP-4000T.

My understanding is that both the HD and the SD files are encrypted on the Humax which is why you get unplayable HD and SD files if you download them using FTP. However, the SD files are supposed to be decrypted on-the-fly (or something similar) if you download them using the SAMBA server and a mapped drive. This is clearly not working on my FVP-4000T.

Do Humax ever read this forum as if I can't get this to work the machine will have to go back as being not fit for purpose.

Many thanks for your persistence with this.

Edit - I have forwarded a link to this thread to Humax UK Technical Support.

Attachments

1. ts_reg_extract.txt (1 KB, 3 downloads) 8 years old
    | Mon 28 Dec 2015 10:40:13 #25 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Cut and paste from explorer - My computer, Network Locations, double click on relevant FVP 4000T entry, nothing has been 'mapped'

| Mon 28 Dec 2015 10:58:33 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Barry - 13 minutes ago  » 

Cut and paste from explorer - My computer, Network Locations, double click on relevant FVP 4000T entry, nothing has been 'mapped'

This is my Network display attached. All the Humax entries are media entries which if, opened, simply open Windows Media Player although WMP does not display any of the files on the Humax. The odd entry called FVP-4000T Dial Server just opens into a Properties page giving information about the Humax (MAC address, IP address etc)

When you open the File Share / Samba Settings page on the Humax it says on the TV screen "When the SAMBA Server is set to On, the internal HDD can be accessed as a network disk drive from your PC. You can copy the video, music, photo files from the internal HDD to the PC storage." This is how I've set it up as a mapped network disk drive but it's apparently not that simple!

Richard

Attachments

1. Network.jpg (103.2 KB, 10 downloads) 8 years old
    | Mon 28 Dec 2015 11:23:24 #27 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Richard it would appear my FAQ has confused matters and I should have made it clear that I was using a win 8.1 PC, I'll amend FAQ later.

I have not had to map anything, the FVP(s) are available via Network Locations that are listed via My Computer (This PC on a win 10 PC)

Does the FP 4000T entry not appear in - This PC, Network Locations on your Win 10 Laptop?

I'll fire up an old win 7 netbook and see what success I have with that later.

| Mon 28 Dec 2015 11:58:31 #28 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

RichardS-UK One thought, in folder options is "Hide empty drives" unselected? (You mentioned earlier that some views were empty until you restarted Samba.

We all seem to be using different windows versions Barry is on 8.1 and RichardS-UK is on multiple systems.

As Barry says there should be no need to Map a network drive (Unless you for example wanted to add the path as a WMP library.

If Samba is active it should simply showup as a network drive, if it is on the same subnet. Is there anything unusual of your Lan like a Domain Controller? I guess you would have mentioned it if so.

In WMP what do you see on your network if you select the stream button and the more streaming options.

| Mon 28 Dec 2015 12:10:53 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Download a SD .ts to usb and open using MediaInfo.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

If it says no PMT the file is still encrypted. If it opens it should be playable.

| Mon 28 Dec 2015 18:08:13 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.