My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR 1000T fault

(2 posts)
  1. Sidel

Sidel

Hello all

Does anyone know why the DTR 1000 T stays in the please wait mode ?

I have done a few trails with the three I have two faulty and one working ok

First I marked the good parts and than interchanged the main boards over connected to the internet and started up, with the red light on pressed the Volume - for 5 seconds and it went into the maintenance mode internet update wiping the HDD every thing worked ok, so the main board is ok

Second unit fitted the board taken from the first unit which I know is good, won’t boot disconnect the HDD still the same replaced the HDD with a spare one I have reboot maintenance mode went through the system updating software etc ok working fine

Third unit HDD replaced all ok

Either I have been very lucky in my fixes or they are easy to fix than I thought

| Sat 26 Mar 2022 18:01:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Sidel,

Welcome to the forum. Sadly, the DTR1000 is now a very old model. You are really wasting time trying to repair as the newer models 2100/4000 are supported with better updates & are more reliable. The 1000 model doesn't get the new software updates anymore/now underpowered & I expect it has crashed with problems with firmware/maybe worn capacitors.

I know about the 1000 model, as I am a regular on the Youview community forum. It's talked about a lot. You could try the maintenance mode options (if you haven't already)
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

and see if this works, but even if it does, it could crash again. John L

| Sun 27 Mar 2022 12:19:46 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.