My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR T10x0 successful repair

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jerry

Hi,
    I've replaced the 10x capacitors but the problem remains - it's just as described by Baggers59 - only the ethernet port lights come on.
    I guess I need to look at changing the surface mount capacitors as mentioned by andyfras or does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Thanks Jerry.

Tue 8 Nov 2016 16:20:34 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

stansh45

Hi andy
    in my 1010 there are 3 10uf caps in that location. Ive ordered 2 already as per the post. can you elaborate which 2 out of 3 go out of spec? If not i need to order another 1 to replace all 3. best regards

Mike

Mon 19 Mar 2018 20:15:27 #22 |
  3. andyfras

andyfras

Looking from the front, it's the nearest one and the one on the left. They are connected in series. The other one will still be OK.

Andy

Tue 20 Mar 2018 9:41:14 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

PhilipC

Hi Andy and Mike. I have a Youview DTRT-T1000 and it is often slow to respond or sometimes freezes so I will try replacing the capacitors.
    Re the two 10uF surface mount capacitors. What spec are they and where can I get them from? I see stansh45 got some but I can't see how he knew exactly what to buy.
    Thanks.

Wed 8 Aug 2018 12:08:55 #24 |
  5. andyfras

andyfras

I use through-hole capacitors with the leads bent and cropped to fit the surface mount pads.

I think that I've used Multicomp, but I see that they are now available in the Panasonic FR range.

If you'd rather use SMD, these should be OK:

http://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/mcvvt050m100da1l/cap-alu-elec-10uf-50v-rad-can/dp/2611394?st=50V

If it helps, I can supply a kit of 10 x 220uF @ 16V and 2 x 10uF @ 50V. PM me for details.

Wed 8 Aug 2018 12:37:30 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveZ

My thanks again to this forum. My T1010 has already had a HDD failure - replaced and now fixed. This time it would not reboot - stuck on 'please wait' then shut down. I have just replaced the ten 220µF 16v caps and all is now working again. Removing the caps was a pain and I finally drilled out the solder from the mounting holes using a 1mm drill! For the cost a less than £5 from RS Components it is worth a try!! Unfortunately I have just bought a Humax FVP-5000T as a replacement, but the T1010 has some nice features missing on the later box - specifically the step forward through recorded adverts

Wed 8 May 2019 18:57:40 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SteveZ - 4 hours ago  » 
    Unfortunately I have just bought a Humax FVP-5000T as a replacement, but the T1010 has some nice features missing on the later box - specifically the step forward through recorded adverts

The FVP will step forward through adverts see the FAQ https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-use-skip-function (so one extra key press compared to the earlier Humax boxes).

Wed 8 May 2019 23:13:38 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveZ

Thanks Martin - I'll try that tip tomorrow. That explains why I seem to remember seeing those skip time options during the initial setup ...... Running through adverts at nx normal speed is really getting to me!

Wed 8 May 2019 23:33:05 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveZ

Thanks again to Martin for the tip and Barry for the original post. Skip forward and back during replay does work - now can we make the EPG jump forward one day at a time as on the T1010? I thought it might work in a similar manner, but no luck so far.

Thu 9 May 2019 10:24:29 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SteveZ - 37 minutes ago  » 
    now can we make the EPG jump forward one day at a time as on the T1010? I thought it might work in a similar manner, but no luck so far.

Whilst in the guide, hold down the right (or left arrow) and after a short delay a popup menu will appear allowing you to select which day you want to move to.

Thu 9 May 2019 11:03:43 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.