My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

EPG and Recording problems

(55 posts)
  1. islandman

islandman

islandman - 4 hours ago  » 
    I found this forum last night and oh how I wish I'd know about it sooner.
    It has to be said, when initially this happened, my thoughts were "oh, this might need a new tv or recording box. The plan was not to touch settings, but through a couple of posts out to two forums. How glad I did, when other people responded. I then decided to email Freesat Customer Service, this is my email:-
    Hi. Yesterday and today 10th/11th Feb. I like many other users of Freesat, were more than concerned that programs being shown, were totally out of sync with those being advertised. This resulted in many people being able to record the programs they had set their recorder to record, or to reon impulse".
    [i]Last evening, threads started to appear on the Forums of Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert and Digital Spy. It became apparent that this problem was widespre
    ad and therefore nothing to do with an individuals appliances.
    [/i]
    Some users highlighted that of late, some series recordings had episodes missing, many have experienced instances where recording commenced several minutes after transmission, leaving them with an incomplete program.
    I'm sure you would agree that this is something users of Freesat didn't sign up for. Because Freesat failed to issue a statement on either of it's Facebook page, Twitter or indeed their own website, it lead to severe concern with people unsure if they should re-set their appliances.
    Thankfully, as I pen these words, it appears the problem has been rectified.
    What I would respectfully suggest is this, should you be aware of an issue within your system that could possibly have an impact on a user of Freesat, that you set up an explanation on your website which might allay fears of an individual thinking their appliance was at fault.

[i]I trust you will receive this email in the context in which it has been sent, as a constructive comment.
    I do intend making it available to those forums that have relevant concerns
    Clearly it is all history now, but I am interested to see if they reply.

FROM FREESAT
    Hi ,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the issues experienced with your EPG listings over the weekend. We've discovered an issue with one of our third party broadcast systems that caused some listing errors and prevented scheduled recordings on some channels, but understand that these have now been resolved.
    If your issues persist then please let us know, along with the make and model of your Freesat box and we'll do our best to help.
    Many thanks

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 13:18:13 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marty788

Marty788 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I find it incredible that the Freesat website and Facebook page do not mention this problem which has clearly impacted on many thousands of users, not one comment from Freesat anywhere and no reply to emails.
    The issue has not yet been fully resolved, on my EPG the Channel 4 HD guide does not go beyond next Saturday 17th when all other channels are already showing schedules for next Monday.

Update: Someone from Freesat must be watching this thread, 1 hour after I posted the C4HD issue it suddenly updated and now it shows the full week ahead

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 15:07:10 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marty788

Posted on the Freesat Facebook page a couple of hours ago:

"We're sorry to hear about the issues experienced with scheduled recordings over the weekend, and are looking into the cause as a matter of urgency. If your issues persist then please let us know, along with the make and model of your Freesat box, and we'll do our best to help. We apologise for any inconvenience, and if you missed the final episode of Hard Sun you can watch it via BBC iPlayer for the next few weeks."

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 15:28:48 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kevinc

I guess they think everyone uses Facebook - they don't.

My Twitter and email queries did not even warrant the courtesy of a response......

That in itself is annoying

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 22:25:36 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Kevinc - 12 hours ago  » 
    I guess they think everyone uses Facebook - they don't.
    My Twitter and email queries did not even warrant the courtesy of a response......
    That in itself is annoying

This 'check our FB page' attitude really annoys me. I don't use FB, Flitter, snapnumpty or any other form of social media. The concept of social media might be good but unfortunately it is used by homo-sapiens, the majority of whom appear have very few social skills - that's if many news reports are to be believed.

| Tue 13 Feb 2018 10:58:53 #55 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.