My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

EPG and Recording problems

(55 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marty788

For the last 2 weeks when I check the recorded programs list I have been getting the "Scheduled Recording Failed" message at random times when no recordings have been scheduled, this can be at anytime whether I am watching TV or the box is on standby. Last overnight it happened 7 times between midnight and 4am.
    One program I had scheduled to record overnight on Channel 4HD had failed but is still showing as scheduled to record even though it's many hours after the start time. Also the EPG for 4HD is not complete for the next week.
    I also have a Humax Freeview HDR so I have duplicated all the regular scheduled programs to there as that looks OK.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 15:48:03 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vixen65

I had the same problems last night with recordings (timed recordings failing, manual recordings being weirdly renamed - a late night BBC2 romcom became Nigel Slater's adventures in the Middle East) and I stumbled on this forum whilst trying to find a humax troubleshooting guide this morning. I have registered to the forum today purely to say thank you so much to all the people who took the time and energy to post a description of their problems. It was such a relief to see it wasn't just me and my machine. I have now bookmarked this website and it will be my first port of call in the future. Thank you all!!

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 20:27:46 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum.

I didn't look at my freesat box till late yesterday as had visitors but when I did what a shambles.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 20:51:39 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

POPPY

What I find frustrating is the lack of accountability or updates from Freesat.I've trawled the internet but cannot find any official updates or website info. from Freesat on this issue. A bit miffed.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 21:05:18 #44 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

POPPY - 2 hours ago  » 
    What I find frustrating is the lack of accountability or updates from Freesat.I've trawled the internet but cannot find any official updates or website info. from Freesat on this issue. A bit miffed.

You are not alone, but may be different tomorrow when most of the staff return to work.

There are no updates, it's down to a screw up at Freesat who is responsible for the upload of the freesat epg data.

Whether it's human error, or a server failure issue or a local power failure we can only guess unless Freesat come clean.

One thing is certain it should not have happened given enough redundancy in the satellite epg upload process,

As an ex National Grid planner you cannot possibly cover dual unrelated power fail issues. The possibilities are enormous.

One server fail is fine, two in the process is much harder to handle. If both are related to the same event then it's a major security issue.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 23:10:03 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I noticed that Freesat had done me a favour when checking my recordings as there was a failed recording last night for a series that finished weeks ago but the box has started to record again as it's being re-shown.

All looks good tonight - McMafia and Endeavour have recorded. Now whether I have the beginnings of either I have yet to find out. Certainly Countryfile earlier in the evening had the start cut again - thank you BBC.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 0:07:50 #46 |
  7. islandman

islandman

I found this forum last night and oh how I wish I'd know about it sooner.

It has to be said, when initially this happened, my thoughts were "oh, this might need a new tv or recording box. The plan was not to touch settings, but through a couple of posts out to two forums. How glad I did, when other people responded. I then decided to email Freesat Customer Service, this is my email:-

Hi. Yesterday and today 10th/11th Feb. I like many other users of Freesat, were more than concerned that programs being shown, were totally out of sync with those being advertised. This resulted in many people being able to record the programs they had set their recorder to record, or to reon impulse".

[i]Last evening, threads started to appear on the Forums of Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert and Digital Spy. It became apparent that this problem was widespread and therefore nothing to do with an individuals appliances.
    [/i]
    Some users highlighted that of late, some series recordings had episodes missing, many have experienced instances where recording commenced several minutes after transmission, leaving them with an incomplete program.

I'm sure you would agree that this is something users of Freesat didn't sign up for. Because Freesat failed to issue a statement on either of it's Facebook page, Twitter or indeed their own website, it lead to severe concern with people unsure if they should re-set their appliances.

Thankfully, as I pen these words, it appears the problem has been rectified.

What I would respectfully suggest is this, should you be aware of an issue within your system that could possibly have an impact on a user of Freesat, that you set up an explanation on your website which might allay fears of an individual thinking their appliance was at fault.

[i]I trust you will receive this email in the context in which it has been sent, as a constructive comment.

I do intend making it available to those forums that have relevant concerns.

Clearly it is all history now, but I am interested to see if they reply.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 9:45:47 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marty788

I find it incredible that the Freesat website and Facebook page do not mention this problem which has clearly impacted on many thousands of users, not one comment from Freesat anywhere and no reply to emails.
    The issue has not yet been fully resolved, on my EPG the Channel 4 HD guide does not go beyond next Saturday 17th when all other channels are already showing schedules for next Monday.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 13:46:25 #48 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mines the same. Could be a broadcaster issue, checking Freeview next.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 13:59:14 #49 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Freeview is OK.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 14:02:08 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.