My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

EPG info for BBC1 HD missing

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Po51uhd

Hello, mine’s an FVP-5000T, and I’ve only done a smart scan.

I have the NW version of BBC1hd already, it’s just in the wrong position due to its channel number (814)

I just want to change the order of the channels

| Tue 9 May 2023 16:06:54 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Po51uhd - 47 mins ago  » 
    I have the NW version of BBC1hd already, it’s just in the wrong position due to its channel number (814)
    I just want to change the order of the channels

Sorry but in this situation (where more has changed than meets the eye) you need to do an automatic retune without the smart option.

| Tue 9 May 2023 16:55:19 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Po51uhd

Thanks Martin, understood. Doing it now!

| Tue 9 May 2023 17:17:25 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

meadfoot - 2 hours ago  » 
    I've always found it best when they are moving Muxes etc to delete the relevant channels first before doing the rescan

Yes, I would agree with this and it was what I did when Crystal Palace changed.

So, after photographing the Schedule, delete both instances of BBC1 HD from the channel list (101 and 814). Then carry out a manual retune of the BBC B Mux (UHF Channel 35 if we are talking about Winter Hill).

Edit: Just noticed the above, hopefully it will be successful.

| Tue 9 May 2023 18:11:05 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissiegibson

Thanks. I’ll try that.

| Tue 9 May 2023 23:05:30 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Freeley

This has been driving me mad the last couple of weeks. I've got a 5000T (which is the one I'm using at the moment) and a 4000T in the lounge.
    Although BBC1 HD was still working, and I'd started getting my regional SW news, I'd lost the information in the programme guide, so I couldn't set up any new recordings. It was still recording programmes already set up though.
    I've done a smart automatic retune and seemingly lost BBC1 HD altogether! I can't even watch it in SD which still works as I don't get enough signal at this end of the house to pick up SD channels. However after starting on SD and pressing "watch in HD" I've discovered that BBC1 SW HD is now on channel 820 which is really useful! To make it more confusing after doing a smart retune on my 4000T I've discovered it's on channel 828!
    So I've come on here to see what I can do and it seems that I need to do an automatic retune without doing the smart option. Will I only lose my scheduled recordings ie it won't delete my existing recordings will it?

| Mon 22 May 2023 18:56:52 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Freeley - 1 hour ago  » 
    Will I only lose my scheduled recordings ie it won't delete my existing recordings will it?

Yes, if you do a full automatic retune you will lose your schedule as you suspect, so photograph it first so that you know what to put back.

No, you will not lose your previous recordings.

If you know how to do it, you may be able to get away with deleting all BBC1 HD channels from the channel list and manual tuning just the BBC B/PSB3 Mux. But still photo the schedule first.

| Mon 22 May 2023 20:47:19 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Freeley - 1 hour ago  » 
    So I've come on here to see what I can do and it seems that I need to do an automatic retune without doing the smart option. Will I only lose my scheduled recordings ie it won't delete my existing recordings will it?

Correct; existing recordings will be preserved.

| Mon 22 May 2023 20:48:08 #28 |
  9. Nervous

Nervous

When BBC One HD 101 is not populating EPG and showing as encrypted channel when selected you will find another BBC One HD around channel number 812.
    To correct this problem all you have to do is go to edit channels and delete the existing 101 and don't forget to save or it will come back when you retune.
    Next Retune (using SMART so you DON'T lose recording setup) your Humax channels and you will find the new 101 is there and working properly.

You're Welcome.

| Sat 24 Feb 2024 13:01:41 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.