My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Factory reset but recordings retained

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Drewby

@larkim - did a reset help your Disney+ problems? We’re having the same issue and trying to watch a series is driving us both crazy

| Sun 27 Aug 2023 20:54:11 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I did a Factory Reset via Settings > Device Preferences > Reset..., and lost virtually all my recordings.

The warning says this will delete from "your device's internal storage". As Settings > Storage ..., says the internal storage is 8.4GB and the Non-removable storage Internal HDD is 2TB I was expecting I would lose my Schedule etc but not my recordings.

Alas, I lost all but five of my recordings. I have no idea why just five were left.

As the Storage used indicator was still showing 70% rather than about 1% and I had lost hundreds of recordings, I formatted the disk.

| Sat 17 Feb 2024 17:41:59 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

JohnH77 - 27 mins ago  » 
    I did a Factory Reset via Settings > Device Preferences > Reset..., and lost virtually all my recordings.
    The warning says this will delete from "your device's internal storage". As Settings > Storage ..., says the internal storage is 8.4GB and the Non-removable storage Internal HDD is 2TB I was expecting I would lose my Schedule etc but not my recordings.
    Alas, I lost all but five of my recordings. I have no idea why just five were left.
    As the Storage used indicator was still showing 70% rather than about 1% and I had lost hundreds of recordings, I formatted the disk.

Was auto delete set to on?
    From the manual “ You can see To be deleted menu enabled when the HDD is almost full. The oldest recordings are categorised in this section, and they will be deleted automatically until the HDD has 10% free space if Auto Delete is set to on.”
    + did you mean you formatted after the recordings were deleted?
    Because that does delete them

| Sat 17 Feb 2024 18:12:38 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.