My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Misc info (was FAQ) - HB 1000S

(50 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

DEphead2004 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I do find the lack of detail in the manual trying, hence some questions.
    In System Settings/Power Saving/Standby Mode what is the difference between Power save and Normal please?
    In General Settings/Settings/What is the timed Power Up and timed Power Down used for?
    Can you use either of these to go straight to TV and avoid the "not-so-welcome" screen?

Not too sure about the HB 1000s, but on it's bigger brother the difference between Power Save & Normal is that one option displays the Clock on the front display while in standby and the other doesn't.
    Timed Power Up and Timed Power Down is an option for the user to choose a set time as to when you want the unit to power on and power off without you needing to press the power button.

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 10:03:38 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Thanks for the help. Not sure about the clock. It doesn't have one! Must do something else.
    Why would you want to time a power up and power down? Recording doesn't depend on it.

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 17:30:27 #32 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

DEphead2004 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the help. Not sure about the clock. It doesn't have one! Must do something else.
    Why would you want to time a power up and power down? Recording doesn't depend on it.

The clock only appears in standby on the HDR-1000S - I would expect it is the same on this unit. From memory it takes about an extra 7 watts.

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 17:40:04 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Grateful for replies but there is defo no clock just a green and red LED on/off as expected. So can someone say what the two modes Power save and Normal do?

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 18:41:35 #34 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

DEphead2004 - 41 minutes ago  » 
    Grateful for replies but there is defo no clock just a green and red LED on/off as expected. So can someone say what the two modes Power save and Normal do?

Barry?

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 19:23:35 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Could it be that the s/w has simply been ported from the HDR to the HB, and in the latter case this option has no effect?

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 19:26:33 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Yes I am beginning to think this might be the case

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 19:54:18 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

DiapasonDabbler

Really interested in this model - loads of art programmes for my wife to record & watch. However, quick question. The initial post references HDDs which are compatible, but any of decent size are powered devices. Argos have - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1099821.htm - for sale, USB 2.0, but 1TB. Would this be suitable? I am going to order the unit anyway as it seems daft not to, but the sooner I (er, she) can record, the better & I will nip out tomorrow to get the disk if it is OK. I would go for the Humax disk, but at only 160Gb, it seems rather limited. MTIA.

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 21:18:14 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

DiapasonDabbler - 11 hours ago  » 
    Really interested in this model - loads of art programmes for my wife to record...

Why not buy the HDR model, which with 500GB disk can be had for just over 200 Pounds.
    See here...
    http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/digital-boxes/humax-hdr-1000s/

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 8:57:52 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

DiapasonDabbler

Because I would need to have the LNB uprgaded as it is only a single outlet. By the time all that is done, I would have paid a lot more than the £160 this planned set up would cost. The HB1000s does what I need; I have two other FV recordable devices, so ample scope to record anything I want / catch up etc.

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 9:03:18 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.