My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Firmware update due soon!!!

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

nufclad147 - 11 hours ago  » 
    No Netflix is but a tiny inconvenience to be frank i find it much easier to cast from my smartphone to my external chromecast and or TV or Youview netflix app which appear when i select cast button...to be frank I find navigating via phone then tap cast less cumbersome then using tv remotes to control embedded device app

Biggest problem I have with that everyone in the family then needs to have the apps on their phone. It works well if you are technically minded, but not for everyone. For an example, my parents have a Aura and there is zero chance I would be able to get my parents to control the Aura via apps on their phone.

| Wed 17 Aug 2022 11:20:51 #11 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

kr002 - 1 day ago  » 

davidrew - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hopefully the APP may also be updated .... so it actually works. The guide hardly ever populates so setting a new recording remotely is near impossible.

Try uninstalling the app and delete it then reinstall it

Tried this and it worked on iPad and iPhone. Thanks

| Wed 17 Aug 2022 23:49:04 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Has anyone heard any more about Humax maybe releasing a firmware soon?
    Any timelines?
    Ant beta testers currently testing it? If beta testers aren't testing it, should we take it that what they said was probably a lie?

James

| Fri 7 Oct 2022 10:05:31 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

james_uk - 1 hour ago  » 
    Has anyone heard any more about Humax maybe releasing a firmware soon?
    Any timelines?
    Ant beta testers currently testing it? If beta testers aren't testing it, should we take it that what they said was probably a lie?
    James

I think you just need to see the lack of anything on this forum re firmware to know the answer to your question. I personally don’t believe the previous comments from Humax about an update coming soon. Personally think it’s hogwash.

| Fri 7 Oct 2022 11:50:58 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Latest update from Humax:

Unfortunately we do not have timescales for any software/firmware releases, though we do know that it is being formed, it should appear on your screen when it available to install.

| Fri 7 Oct 2022 15:38:39 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Yeah right!

| Fri 7 Oct 2022 16:47:10 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

MattB1 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Latest update from Humax:

Unfortunately we do not have timescales for any software/firmware releases, though we do know that it is being formed, it should appear on your screen when it available to install.

Totally meaningless.
    It’s coming soon, and so is Christmas.

| Fri 7 Oct 2022 20:33:50 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrispyDuck

I bought 2 Aura's to replace my Sky Q multiroom setup and while I'm saving a ton of money, the Aura does feel like 'abandonware' to me.
    I am sorely tempted by Sky Stream as at least I can get Netflix & Sky, Disney, Prime in one place.

The lack of Now or Netflix is a real problem, the issue for me is that the Aura could be such a good solution to those who don't want to pay the Sky tax, but do want to bring their streaming into one place.

Yes I know most TV's have apps, but the ability to mix live tv, recordings & streaming into one place is the holy grail for me; and to be honest only Sky Q delivered that for me despite how much it sticks in my throat.

Humax need to find themselves a good product manager who has some vision.

| Wed 26 Oct 2022 13:54:27 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

So, we seem to be waiting a long time for this update don't we?
    Humax had said to me and others in this forum a while ago that they are working on a new firmware.
    Has anyone heard any more at all?
    It's a year and half now, and for what was a new major release unit and to just update it a couple of times at the very beginning and then just totally leave it seems crazy.

It really makes me wonder if the issues that are still to be fixed, just can't be by a firmware update, and they just won't tell us that?

James

| Fri 3 Mar 2023 21:38:20 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

james_uk - 2 hours ago  » 
    It really makes me wonder if the issues that are still to be fixed, just can't be by a firmware update, and they just won't tell us that?

I am pretty sure that most of the issues that irritate me are software issues and could be fixed if Humax dedicated the necessary resources. My guess is that the Humax management don't think the PVR market place is big enough in the UK to justify more financial commitment.

| Sat 4 Mar 2023 0:36:18 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.