My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Firmware upgrade

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

shurl77

Help please, I have purchased the 1800T for my in laws, they don't have WIFI can I upgrade the firmware without an internet connection. Also they cannot delete pre-recorded programs, how do they do this please, they are getting frustrated and I don't blame them.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 10:58:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes you can upgrade the firmware using a USB stick if the box doesn't already have the latest.

Check current software

Menu - settings - system - System Information

To delete a recording

Media - locate a recording - press opt+ (function) - note buttons you can use are shown at bottom of the screen. Delete is the default top function. Press Ok and again to confirm the delete.

Whole folders of recordings can be deleted by selecting a series folder and following the same procedure.

Welcome to our forum.

I don't have a 2000T so not sure what latest software is. A owner of the box will no doubt post what software the box should have installed.

Incidentally the internet is not required to update, when a new one is broadcast it will pick up the update along with the broadcast channels.

Freeview updates are transmitted on PSB 1 the multiplex you use when watching BBC 1 in SD.

http://dtg.org.uk/dtg/download_schedule.html

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 11:19:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

shurl77

Excellent, will advice my in-laws who will be delighted, thanks for taking the time to respond, greatly appreciated, and thanks for the welcome.

What if you start an immediate recording and then decide you don't want it and wish to stop the recording straight away ????, sorry they have just asked me this question.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 11:33:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

shurl77 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Excellent, will advice my in-laws who will be delighted, thanks for taking the time to respond, greatly appreciated, and thanks for the welcome.
    What if you start an immediate recording and then decide you don't want it and wish to stop the recording straight away ????, sorry they have just asked me this question.

It's been a while. I have a HDR-Fox-T2 which is near identical, give me a few minutes.

Locate the recording in the Media list (Recorded programmes appear in the media list about 30 seconds after recording starts, you can watch the recording as it is made behind real time (Chasing Playback))

Press the square stop button on the transport controls go left to yes and press OK. Once stopped you can delete it like any other recording.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 11:39:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

shurl77 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    What if you start an immediate recording and then decide you don't want it and wish to stop the recording straight away ????

Press the stop button (white square two below the REC button).

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 11:45:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 28 minutes ago  » 
    I don't have a 2000T so not sure what latest software is.

Version UKTFAC 1.01.18 Update date 10 Aug 2017.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 11:49:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

shurl77

Hello, and many thanks, does nothing if you press the stop button I am afraid, just carries on recording, will try a firmware upgrade over the weekend when I next pop down, for the time being the unit is a pain.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 12:11:37 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

shurl77 - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Hello, and many thanks, does nothing if you press the stop button I am afraid, just carries on recording, will try a firmware upgrade over the weekend when I next pop down, for the time being the unit is a pain.

You have to locate the recording in the media list and highlight it. Then press the stop button.

No point in updating if existing firmware matches Martins post.

Check there are no channels with channel numbers over 800 in the epg.

Photograph the recording schedule (you will need to re-instate) and carry out a reset to factory defaults (default password 0000)

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 12:44:18 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

shurl77 - 53 minutes ago  » 
    Hello, and many thanks, does nothing if you press the stop button I am afraid, just carries on recording.

Then I suspect they are pressing the wrong button or the remote is faulty. I have never known pressing the stop button to fail to bring up a dialog requesting whether you actually want to stop the recording (and if there is more than one recording taking place allowing you to choose which to stop).

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 13:07:49 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 4 minutes ago  » 

shurl77 - 53 minutes ago  » 
    Hello, and many thanks, does nothing if you press the stop button I am afraid, just carries on recording.

Then I suspect they are pressing the wrong button or the remote is faulty. I have never known pressing the stop button to fail to bring up a dialog requesting whether you actually want to stop the recording (and if there is more than one recording taking place allowing you to choose which to stop).

Guessing it doesn't work till approx 30 seconds after recording started same time as it appears in the media list.

If the recording is required to be deleted you might just as well stop it in the media list.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 13:13:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.