My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR Signal Problem

(38 posts)
  1. Trev

Trev

special member

Are you connecting LNB1 on the foxsat to a known good coax i.e. one that works with your other sat receiver?

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 0:56:44 #21 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can the Goodmans receiver get the freesat home transponder frequency or if a freesat unit get freesat channel 999?

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:27:56 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnsat

?[Are you connecting LNB1 on the foxsat to a known good coax i.e. one that works with your other sat receiver?]

Yes,...and the problem persists.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 10:05:23 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnsat

[Can the Goodmans receiver get the freesat home transponder frequency or if a freesat unit get freesat channel 999?]..

What frequency is that?....and what will it prove?

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 10:07:38 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnsat

When I changed the Goodmans (with only one inb input) with the Foxsat (with three LNB connections) I only connected to the lnb1 input,...and the result as mentioned was ‘no signal/no channels’....would it make any difference if I also linked lnb1 output with lnb2 input?

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 10:32:48 #25 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Johnsat - 3 hours ago  » 
    [Can the Goodmans receiver get the freesat home transponder frequency or if a freesat unit get freesat channel 999?]..
    What frequency is that?....and what will it prove?

As in previous posts it is 11428 H 27500 2/3.

It would prove that you can receive this essential frequency and that the LNB can receive horizonal polarised transmissions in the low band. Frequently a defective LNB can either fail to switch polarisation or has a problem with H or V.

Does the Goodmans get channel 999 If so then that also carries the freesat EPG and the problem is likely to be cabling where the connection to LNB1 is especially important on a freesat tune/reset and it ONLY tries to see the freesat transponder and will report NO SIGNAL if it can't see it. I.E. it will not look for other channels.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 14:11:35 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnsat

Quote:As in previous posts it is 11428 H 27500 2/3.

When I enter frequency 11428 I get 11428 A 27500 A

How do I get the...2/3

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 14:22:15 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnsat

When I try channel 999 on my Dish 3rd output/Goldman’s Reciever/Tv in other room, the TV shows an advert. about Freesat services,..is this what you would expect?

I’m getting a bit lost now,...since when I connect my Foxsat unit instead of the Goodmans I am unable to insert a channel no.,....it reports no channels/no signal etc.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 14:34:15 #28 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

The problem is that you can't go any further until you have the Freesat Home transponder, which you don't appear to have on the Foxsat (for whatever reason) therefore you can't go any further on that box (without some jiggery pokery).

What 'we' were trying to establish is whether your dish/LNB setup actually receives this, which it would appear that it does from your test with the other box.

But where we go from here????????

@REPASSAC Is 999 on the 11428 home transponder?

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 16:26:13 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 22 mins ago  » 
    The problem is that you can't go any further until you have the Freesat Home transponder, which you don't appear to have on the Foxsat (for whatever reason) therefore you can't go any further on that box (without some jiggery pokery).
    What 'we' were trying to establish is whether your dish/LNB setup actually receives this, which it would appear that it does from your test with the other box.
    But where we go from here????????
    @REPASSAC Is 999 on the 11428 home transponder?

It was but was removed recently.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 16:50:17 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.