My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Foxsat volume control

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gadmax

I have a SONY KDL40NX713 which is connected to my Foxsat HD freesat box via HDMI 1. When veiwing channels which are not in HD the volume of the TV can be controlled via the Foxsat remote or the TV remote, the problem I have is when watching an HD channel the Foxsat remote nolonger has any effect on the volume, the only way to adjust this is by using the TV remote, can anyone help

| Mon 2 May 2011 11:50:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The latest beta version of the firmware for the Foxsat-hdr includes an option to downmix DD output from the HD channels to lpcm stereo as used by the SD channels which works. As the two boxes are very very similar it seems likely that a similar upgrade for the HD is in the pipeline. Watch this space, release of a beta firmware for the HD will most likely appear here. Hopefully in the near future.

In the meantime if you change your postcode to a Manchester one to get ITV1-HD Granada at 119 (M2 4JA works), this channel offers full-HD at 1920 x 1080 but only lpcm sound so that should work for this HD channel. You can use customise channels to put your local BBC1 region back at 101

| Mon 2 May 2011 14:17:36 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just a heads up for Gadmax. The firmware that he needs to solve his audio problem is now released.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-release-10028

| Thu 12 May 2011 9:53:39 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.