My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freesat YOUTUBE app hangs HDR-1000S box

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dean77

Just found this post now. I have this exact same situation with YouTube locking up on the "loading" message screen. It happen very often for me, and I find it frustrating having to unplug/replug my Humax 1100s just to reset it to fix this issue. but it's not uncommon for me to switch my box on/off several time in a row when this problem occurs.

Besides using Freesat's own youtube app, I've also cast YouTube vids to my Freesat box using the Chrome browser on my Win 10 table, and although it works with this setup too, again I will still get frequent lockups.

Looks like I may have to spend some extra money on a more decent hardware setup, such as Chromecast to solve this issue. I shouldn't have to do this really, as far as I'm concerned this should be working properly on the PVR with the Freesat service.

| Sat 3 Jun 2017 9:36:02 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Z Cheema

I am having the same, sending a youtube programme from the phone, start to load then says "starting"in the text window and then re-boots.

Worked before no issues

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 1:46:36 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gavjp

Same problem here. If I sent to the humax from either my iPhones or IPad, it's opens YouTube then the box restarts. Second or third time it works. Tweeted humax who said they could not replicate the issue and advised me to delete the app from my phone and reinstall. Worked once or twice but doing the same again.

| Fri 9 Jun 2017 22:16:29 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Z Cheema

I've tweeted as well to get noticed

| Fri 9 Jun 2017 23:07:09 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

briankwadham

Got the same freezing problem. Intermittent. Haven't been able to determine a pattern of which type of clips cause it. Most don't but enough to be annoying. I neither have nor want a smartphone or Ipad. I just want to surf YouTube on my telly. I also have problems with All 4 sometimes breaking up. Netflix etc work fine. A pity because it's really a good app when it works. Compared to the Samsung YouTube app I get on my Smart TV it's great. I'll be losing that at the end of June anyway, which Samsung say is Google's fault. So I really want it fixed.

| Mon 12 Jun 2017 0:02:45 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

spike

Getting this more frequently this week. Seem to get the problem mainly on VEVO videos at the moment .. happens on videos from Blondie and Garbage that I've tried to watch recently, but others as well. I have watched them successfully in the past, so I'm guessing that it's the advert that precedes the video causing the problem.

To be honest, I've had enough of this Humax box. I got it to replace Sky 2 years ago, but for all sorts of reasons it's been totally unreliable. Random reboots, pink screens, youtube hanging, can't show large JPG files, all things that just seem very sloppy to me.

Rant over. Time to get an aerial and freeview box.

| Sat 17 Jun 2017 19:16:21 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SJX

I have had the same issued for the last 3 months. I go to watch a music video and screen goes black and just says loading. I then have to unplug the power to get it to switch back on again.

Looks like its been an ongoing problem for sometime and doesn't reflect well on HUMAX who don't really care or can't sort out a problem thats been around 4 years!

| Sun 25 Jun 2017 13:31:26 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

SJX - 23 minutes ago  » ...doesn't reflect well on HUMAX who don't really care or can't sort out a problem thats been around 4 years!

There may be another possibility in play here. Responsibility for the apps may lie with Freesat, who in their precarious financial position will not come up with the funding to fix the problem. Just wondering.

| Sun 25 Jun 2017 13:57:30 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

spike - 1 week ago  » ...it's been totally unreliable. Random reboots, pink screens, youtube hanging, can't show large JPG files...

Humax should just give up trying to deliver a multi-media box (all things to all users) and limit themselves to a very good satellite PVR. Which in my 5 years of experience the 1000S does superbly well. However, that would likely deprive Freesat of a large slice of commission on sales.

| Sun 25 Jun 2017 14:02:29 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Pollensa1946 - 20 hours ago  » 

spike - 1 week ago  » ...it's been totally unreliable. Random reboots, pink screens, youtube hanging, can't show large JPG files...

Humax should just give up trying to deliver a multi-media box (all things to all users) and limit themselves to a very good satellite PVR. Which in my 5 years of experience the 1000S does superbly well. However, that would likely deprive Freesat of a large slice of commission on sales.

Like an improved Foxsat HDR without problematic catchup TV and you tube etc.

I'd happily replace my kaput 1000s with something like that as I'm really not interested in anything Freesat/Humax have to offer. Nothing has changed, apart from slightly smaller boxes, a couple of coloured LED's instead of a display, oh and they seem to be less reliable.

For now I'm going to stick with my rather old but genuine HUMAX FREESAT PVR and my Freesat TV.

| Mon 26 Jun 2017 10:20:47 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.