My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Freetime stuck on 1 channel

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

I thought I would try the Freetime mode of the HB 1000S, and after it found hundreds of both tv and audio channels, I selected to save the listings. Then the tv screen changed to a BBC channel, but I could not either get a epg listing of channels nor change channel by the up and down arrows on the remote.
    Is Freetime an entirely different setup from FreeSat?

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 16:46:50 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I think you must be referring to non-freesat mode. Freetime was the name for the second generation Freesat service (Now Freesat Smart). There is no epg other than now/next in non-freesat mode. If you go to the home menu you should see an option to go back to freesat mode.

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 17:01:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

Yes it was non freesat mode and not Freetime as I stated.
    I went back to FreeSat mode as when in non freesat mode it was difficult to know where or what channel you were watching, and without a menu, it seems a bit pointless somehow.

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 19:09:37 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

avalon65 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes it was non freesat mode and not Freetime as I stated.
    I went back to FreeSat mode as when in non freesat mode it was difficult to know where or what channel you were watching, and without a menu, it seems a bit pointless somehow.

Think you got it, some think there is something to watch there but most don't.

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 21:08:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

Can I just ask why is that option to go to non freesat channels if there is no way of seeing a channel listing. As I said, it does seem a bit pointless. You can get more channels but you can't see a list of them.???

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 11:21:54 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

avalon65 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Can I just ask why is that option to go to non freesat channels if there is no way of seeing a channel listing. As I said, it does seem a bit pointless. You can get more channels but you can't see a list of them.???

The EU insist on both Sky and Freesat boxes being able to view Free To Air channels, Freesat boxes can also use other satellites via a offset lnb or motorised dish using Diseqc. You could for instance add a offset lnb and a diseqc switch to watch 19.2E. You could have watched Andy Murray get beaten in the Tennis Finals live had you got 19.2E, plus some football not available on 28.2E.

Pretty sure the List button used to work but having added a few to test it doesn't now. The programme up/down works though. After tuning only down works till you have at least one to go up to. Having a play to see if there is any way to show the list. Not found one yet. TBH without being able to record there's not much on 28.2E worth watching that's not already on the Freesat epg.

EDIT

Try this

Settings - Non Freesat -OK - Editable Channels -OK - Next - OK

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 11:45:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

I got to the editable channels and deleted a load of duplicated ones as well as the sky channels, then saved what was left. I haven't managed to find how to get a listing of what is left, but as you say, there doesn't appear to be much that is not already on the Freesat listing.
    Oh well, it was worth trying at least.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 14:48:27 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

avalon65 - 17 minutes ago  » 
    I got to the editable channels and deleted a load of duplicated ones as well as the sky channels, then saved what was left. I haven't managed to find how to get a listing of what is left, but as you say, there doesn't appear to be much that is not already on the Freesat listing.
    Oh well, it was worth trying at least.

Surely if you open the editable channels again it will list what is left.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 15:06:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

Yes it does list what is left but you can't load a channel from the liting, only delete it. I had to use the Program up and down buttons on the remote to cycle through them.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 15:15:33 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

avalon65 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Yes it does list what is left but you can't load a channel from the liting, only delete it. I had to use the Program up and down buttons on the remote to cycle through them.

If you know the channel numbers, I would have thought tapping one in on the remote will jump directly to it.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 15:26:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.