My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Freetime stuck on 1 channel

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

Yes it work that way, but I'd have to make note of the channel numbers first then input them 1 at time. I doubt that many would be different than what is on Freesat, but I'll have a go at it on a rainy day.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 16:37:57 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

avalon65 - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Yes it work that way, but I'd have to make note of the channel numbers first then input them 1 at time. I doubt that many would be different than what is on Freesat, but I'll have a go at it on a rainy day.

The channel numbers are all different. The Freesat lcn's are allocated by the epg (as is the same channels on the Sky epg). There is no logical channel numbers in the actual broadcasts. The box allocates them starting at 5000 in the order you scan them in. You can change them to any numbers you want in the 5000's.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 17:33:30 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

Yes I see that the channel numbers are in the 5000's, and how does one change them as I couldn't see quite how it would be done.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 18:35:34 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

avalon65 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Yes I see that the channel numbers are in the 5000's, and how does one change them as I couldn't see quite how it would be done.

I will have to have a play again. It's very simple on a Foxsat-HD/HDR which is much superior in non-freesat mode (The HDR can record non-freesat mode and even add them to Freesat mode if you install the Custom Firmware). Never tried it on a G2 box so it may be another glaring omission on the G2 boxes.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 18:40:22 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

Is the Foxsat-HD/HDR superior to the Humax HB-1000S, and what is the G2 box you referred to?

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 21:24:23 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

avalon65 - 34 seconds ago  » 
    Is the Foxsat-HD/HDR superior to the Humax HB-1000S, and is it older or newer than the HB-1000S.
    What is the G2 box you referred to?

The Foxsat-HDR is the first generation twin tuner Freesat+ pvr made by Humax. It's not made any more. It was launched around 2008.

The second generation boxes (G2) called Freetime at launch, comprise the twin tuner models HDR1000S (which I have), HDR1010S and the HDR1100S (the only one now in production) and your single tuner HB1000S. They all have near identical user interfaces and the twin tuner models in fact use the same software though they have minor hardware differences.

That's why I can play with my HDR-1000S and be reasonably sure the HB1000S is going to be very very similar, other than of course the extra recording and third channel viewing capability you get from having twin tuners.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 21:33:36 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

Since you have mentioned twin tuners, I used to have a twin tuner satellite box, but for reasons unknown, I could only see channels from 1 tuner at a time, and each had mostly the same channels. Why I bought it then I'll never know as I returned after a few days.

With twin tuners on the HDR-1000S, what difference channel wise do you get, or is it me just not seeing it. I know you can record 2 separate channels and watch a 3rd, is there more?

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 21:48:00 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

avalon65 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Since you have mentioned twin tuners, I used to have a twin tuner satellite box, but for reasons unknown, I could only see channels from 1 tuner at a time, and each had mostly the same channels. Why I bought it then I'll never know as I returned after a few days.
    With twin tuners on the HDR-1000S, what difference channel wise do you get, or is it me just not seeing it. I know you can record 2 separate channels and watch a 3rd, is there more?

No difference in the channels. Most likely the reason you could only see 1 tuner at a time is because you had only one connection from your lnb (dish). Twin tuner boxes require two seperate connections to the dish for full functionality, though Humax twin tuner boxes can (virtually uniquely) can use two tuners on a single cable. If your twin tuner Freesat+ pvr wasn't a Humax and you had only 1 coax, chances are you could record one channel and only watch the same channel.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 23:31:18 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

I had a cursory look at some of the non freesat channels again, and deleted a few more. Although I don't know for sure, but what channels remain are a lot are also available in Freesat mode, and some of those channels when selected, give an error message: Audeo/Video decoder buffer underrun. I am not going to spend any time on non freesat mode now as it, again, seems pretty pointless, and I will just stick with Freesat mode.

Thanks for the link on LNB's etc, it has helped.

| Tue 10 Jan 2017 10:30:53 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

avalon65 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I had a cursory look at some of the non freesat channels again, and deleted a few more. Although I don't know for sure, but what channels remain are a lot are also available in Freesat mode, and some of those channels when selected, give an error message: Audeo/Video decoder buffer underrun. I am not going to spend any time on non freesat mode now as it, again, seems pretty pointless, and I will just stick with Freesat mode.
    Thanks for the link on LNB's etc, it has helped.

When you did the scan did you tick FTA only or ALL ? If you chose all many of the channels you downloaded will be encrypted and only viewable using a Sky box with a smart card attached to a suitable subscription package.

Non Freesat can be useful for the odd channel. For instance you might want to watch something on STV-HD that is not on ITV-HD or watch another ITV region news other than the one your postcode gives you. Rather than scan the lot just pick the transponder you want select FTA only and scan only that in.

List of FTA transponders here :

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Tue 10 Jan 2017 11:37:35 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.