My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Freeview Play Not Working on ITV and Channel 4

(27 posts)
  1. thedoctor

thedoctor

I have an FVP 5000T.

Freeview Play on ITV AND Channel 4 are not working within the EPG.

1. I did a full reset.

2. I logged on to all catchup services.

Freeview Play on ITV AND Channel 4 are not working within the EPG.

I repeated steps 1 and 2, and Freeplay on ITV and Channel 4 still don't work. I've checked the programmes which should appear with this service.

Attachments

1. IMG_1028.JPG (38.3 KB, 5 downloads) 4 years old
    | Wed 18 Dec 2019 20:16:03 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What do you mean Freeview-Play isn't working ? Which of the FVP options doesn't work ? The fact thst you can see the live epg means that it must be working at least as far as live content is involved.

| Wed 18 Dec 2019 20:29:30 #2 |
  3. thedoctor

thedoctor

There are no Freeview play symbols appearing on programmes on ITV and channel 4. Thought I'd made that clear. But hopefully it is now.

| Wed 18 Dec 2019 21:07:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I don't recall there ever having been the "on demand" symbol displayed on ITV and C4.

| Wed 18 Dec 2019 21:45:24 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thedoctor - 40 mins ago  » 
    There are no Freeview play symbols appearing on programmes on ITV and channel 4. Thought I'd made that clear. But hopefully it is now.

Still confused. Where and under what circumstances do these appear ?

The box uses a FVP designed operating system. It uses a normal Freeview+ system for live content with free and paid for on demand add ons for catch up serviceadded by the FVP software.

As far as I can tell a quick check using my FVP-5000T all appears to work as it always did.

Your original post is cryptic in the extreme.

Detail the whzat you are doing and on what channel you think there is an issue.

Without this how can anybody help ?

This applies to BBC, ITV Channel 4, you tube etc. If some do not work it doesn't explain why the others do. Most likely it's a server issue somewhere, but I have no idea how to check if my box is also affected.

Do you have a netflix subscription ? . Does Youtube free content still work ?

Can you open a youtube strream from a mobile device.

| Wed 18 Dec 2019 22:00:36 #5 |
  6. thedoctor

thedoctor

Wow.

Ok.

If I go back in time on the EPG I can select and play programmes from BBC and channel 5. This is done through the "Watch Via On Demand" option presented after selecting the programme through the EPG. This is known as "Freeview Play" for those who don't know.

But I when I select, say, This Morning on ITV, it does not give me the option to "Watch Via On Demand". It should but it doesn't. I know it should because I can check on ITV's website.

| Wed 18 Dec 2019 22:18:52 #6 |
  7. thedoctor

thedoctor

grahamlthompson - 27 mins ago  » 

I respectively request that you Google Freeview Play to find out the answer to your question.

| Wed 18 Dec 2019 22:29:18 #7 |
  8. prking

prking

thedoctor - 52 mins ago  » 
    Wow.
    Ok.
    If I go back in time on the EPG I can select and play programmes from BBC and channel 5. This is done through the "Watch Via On Demand" option presented after selecting the programme through the EPG. This is known as "Freeview Play" for those who don't know.
    But I when I select, say, This Morning on ITV, it does not give me the option to "Watch Via On Demand". It should but it doesn't. I know it should because I can check on ITV's website.

That's not what Freeview Play is.

You are referring to On Demand. Looking at your screenshot, I think the issue is that ITV and C4,don't offer HD channels OnDemand.(eg channels 103 etc) So the you'll need to change to the SD versions (channel 3) for OnDemand to work.

| Wed 18 Dec 2019 23:13:47 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thedoctor - 49 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 27 mins ago  » 

I respectively request that you Google Freeview Play to find out the answer to your question.

No need - Freeview-Play is a operating system. Like others like the G2 Freesat+ boxes it offers a backwards epg service that requires a internet connection to provide a backwards epg.

If the data is not there it's the broadcaster that hasn't provided the data. The the BBC are usually the fastest to provide the internet data for the backwards epg.

Your original post was confusing in the extreme.

FVP is not working is meaningless.

Displaying the epg and being able to set recordings (series/on off) requires FVP to be working.

When you use the On demand menu option and choose the free players like Youtube, itv-Hub. All4 and 5-OD are you able to search for content and play it back ?

| Wed 18 Dec 2019 23:30:26 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thedoctor - 1 hour ago  » 
    Wow.
    Ok.

It will but only when ITV get their finger out and make the the previously transmitted data available.

With the recording capability of the FVP boxes. Simply record anything you want to watch, and replay in chasing playback as the recording is in progress.

With a FVP box you can record up to 4 at the same time and watch a 5th ( subject to MUX).

You can for instance record 4 out of the 5 HD main HD channels at the same time and watch anyone whilst recording. You can even record the 5th using the time shift buffer.

If the box is tuned to the channel (use the watch option), when the recording starts, If it has started simply press the instant record button. It will give you a recording you can watch from the beginning from the media button. No need for the backwards epg.

| Wed 18 Dec 2019 23:42:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.