My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Frequent unwanted reboots

(67 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeB

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but the last few days my 1100s has been rebooting itself every few minutes. I rang Humax support, and they said they had received several calls today about it.

They recommended resetting to Factory Defaults as a workaroud while the problem is being identified at their end. This seemed to do the trick. You don't lose your existing recordings, but you do lose planned recordings and other personal settings. All was fine until I tried using Showcase to set a planned recording, at which point the box started crashing again.

Another reset to Factory Defaults, and this time I tried using the iPhone app to set a recording from Showcase. This caused an immediate reboot.

I've reported this back to Humax. Maybe it'll help with the troubleshooting. For now, I'm just setting recordings from the programme Guide, which seems OK.

| Fri 23 Oct 2015 17:16:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

KenH

I have been having exactly the same issue with my HDR-1000S since Tuesday - frequent reboots, typically after 5-10 minutes, and problems with setting recordings.

I initially thought it was down to the hard disk being near full (92%) and used the disk cleanup utility. This seemed to help for a day or so, but the problem has returned again on Thursday and today is bad again.

Today I did a reset to factory fresh state. Seemed to work until I tried to set a recording for tonight, whereupon it immediately crashed again.

I have reported to HUmax customer support (yesterday), but have had no reply as yet.

??????

| Fri 23 Oct 2015 21:14:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnie890

I had the same problem
    first off I thought it might have been because I tripped my electric on Tuesday.
    It went in to an endless loop of booting.
    I tried to eliminate everything, removed ethernet,
    then no satellite cables,
    flashed the firmware which then allowed me to reset to factory defaults
    formatted the hard drive and still no luck.

so tonight on the way home from work I bought a new 1100s, the old one was a 1000s, plugged it in at last a working box!

watched it for an hour or so then set up some of the programs I wanted to record All went fine.

Then I paired the box because I wanted to use the app, as soon as I did it, I then went to select something to record via the tv guide on the new box and guess what the rebooting started again! Exactly the same as the old box.

So I unpaired the new box via the website and it has now been working fine for the last 3 hours, I can even set recordings without a problem.

It now appears that I have wasted nearly £200 on something I didn't need

| Fri 23 Oct 2015 22:28:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

minnie890 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I had the same problem
    first off I thought it might have been because I tripped my electric on Tuesday.
    It went in to an endless loop of booting.
    I tried to eliminate everything, removed ethernet,
    then no satellite cables,
    flashed the firmware which then allowed me to reset to factory defaults
    formatted the hard drive and still no luck.
    so tonight on the way home from work I bought a new 1100s, the old one was a 1000s, plugged it in at last a working box!
    watched it for an hour or so then set up some of the programs I wanted to record All went fine.
    Then I paired the box because I wanted to use the app, as soon as I did it, I then went to select something to record via the tv guide on the new box and guess what the rebooting started again! Exactly the same as the old box.
    So I unpaired the new box via the website and it has now been working fine for the last 3 hours, I can even set recordings without a problem.
    It now appears that I have wasted nearly £200 on something I didn't need

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact you simply went out and bought a new box because your existing one was having a few hiccoughs.

Why didn't you register on this site or a similar forum first and seek some advice. You would at the very least been able to ascertain if anyone else was having the same problems. That's what these forums are all about.

| Fri 23 Oct 2015 23:35:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

KenH

I understand minnie890's decision completely. I had concluded myself that my unit was failing - probably an HD problem -and that I would likely have to find the money from somewhere to replace it.

I had emailed Humax support, and while waiting for a reply stumbled across this forum after a google search. I'm immensely surprised to hear that others have been having exactly the same problem - originating at exactly the same time too. It doesn't make sense to me how this has occurred. There have been no firmware updates since July. All the evidence before i came across this thread in the forum suggested my unit was on its way out. (Still may be, but the experience of others here is giving me some hope)

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 0:01:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I've not been having the reboot problem since the last s/w update fixed that. What I have been seeing over the past two weeks is occasionally the box will spontaneously drop into the mini-guide (the one that comes up when you boot up) in the middle of watching a pgm. Never seen that before. My box is not paired with the app, which I don't use at all.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 8:35:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Torchy

Morning, I have a 1000/1010, which started constantly rebooting yesterday evening, whilst I was trying to set a recording via the schedule. After looking on this forum I found MikeB’s initial post and tried disk clean up and then factory reset, it was useful to know it would keep my recorded programmes. It worked ok for about 10 minutes then went into the constant rebooting, I finally turned off the power and left it off over night. I switched it on about 10/15 minutes ago, it’s been ok, but I’m sure it will start rebooting again before long. I think it may be related to setting recordings, though it did reboot whilst I was trying to watch a recording. I do not have my phone set up to programme recordings, as it’s an Android.

How do you report it to Humax?

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 8:39:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnie890

I trawled through lots of forum posts and found no real answers, just the usual factory reset blah blah blah, but nowhere where someone had actually came up with a definitive answer.
    I was on the verge of having the hard drive to test, but I am currently pushed for time as, I am working 7 days a week up to 16 hours a day, so I just want a working box.

It was only after I had got them working did I find your posts describing my problem exactly.

Both boxes are still working fine.

I must say I was very doubtful that the app was the issue, I don't understand why as there has been no firmware updates for a while but after reading that the box spins up every 20 mind or so when paired it got me thinking.

I uninstalled my andriod app but no luck it was only when I unpaired via the website did the rebooting stop.
    I am still puzzled as to why this appears to of fixed the problem.

I just hope my experience may help some people out

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 9:58:12 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeB

Torchy: To contact Humax, I phoned 0344 318 8800.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 10:59:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

KenH

Torchy - 2 hours ago  » 
    Morning, I have a 1000/1010, which started constantly rebooting yesterday evening, whilst I was trying to set a recording via the schedule. After looking on this forum I found MikeB’s initial post and tried disk clean up and then factory reset, it was useful to know it would keep my recorded programmes. It worked ok for about 10 minutes then went into the constant rebooting, I finally turned off the power and left it off over night. I switched it on about 10/15 minutes ago, it’s been ok, but I’m sure it will start rebooting again before long. I think it may be related to setting recordings, though it did reboot whilst I was trying to watch a recording. I do not have my phone set up to programme recordings, as it’s an Android.
    How do you report it to Humax?

From my experience with my HDR1000 the issue is definitely related to recordings and setting recordings. Last night with a pending recording set I had the continual re-booting. When I cancelled the pending recording the unit worked flawlessly for hours.

I don't use the app, so for me that is not any part of the issue.

I sent an email to Humax (UK)support at

uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

See their Contact page for telephone details:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/contactus.php

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 11:03:58 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.