My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Frequent unwanted reboots

(67 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrDasherD

My 1100S has been having similar reboot problems. Started last night when I was setting up 2 single recordings ... 1 of which failed. After many reboots and much cursing this morning, I read the posts on this thread and have now un-paired the box with my Android phone app. This appears to have resolved the problem (although it may be early days yet!) although it is a far from ideal solution. Have also emailed Humax support.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 12:59:09 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steviant

Hi all, another newbie here. Same reboot issues started last night when I tried to record something from the app. Hard disk started spooling every 5 minutes after switched off as well. Unplugged it overnight, this morning it wouldn't boot up at all. Would get 30 seconds into startup then switch off! Lots of swearing followed, then I found this forum and thread. I deleted the app off my iPhone and reinstalled it which somehow allowed me to get the box to start up properly, then I did a factory reset and deleted any scheduled recordings (f1)

Box has been restarting every 15 minutes or so. I have now logged out of app and deleted it, to see if it will stop the rebooting, but it is still happening.

Hope Humax are sorting this out, otherwise there phone line is going to be busy Monday 9am.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 13:10:46 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Torchy

I would agree, I have never paired it with my mobile, but the disk has been spinning up for no reason I can see for months. After leaving it powdered down over night it was stable for over an hour, but I never tried to do anything just left it on. I have also emailed their support.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 13:33:14 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnie890

Steviant

Have unpaired the box via your account on the freesat website?

that's what finally cured my reboots

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 13:35:37 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steviant

Thanks for that one Minnie. Done that now. Will see how it runs for the rest of the day.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 13:46:27 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnie890

Fingers crossed

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 13:54:30 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steviant

Just managed to get through to Freesat and they have admitted that the problem is with the app. Told me to unpair it and wait for the fix which should be next week sometime. I have asked them to let me know when it is done, so I will update everyone on here.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 13:59:29 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnie890

Thanks for the update
    At least we know what is causing the problem.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 14:18:41 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmillroysmart

HI, we have been having rebooting problems. My husband took the cable from the satellite dish out of the Humax and went back in and deleted all the old recordings and all old planned recordings, which had ended but for some reason remains in the system. He plugged the satellite dish back into the Humax and the memory used indicatior went down to 19%. So far all is working well. (I didn't know of any problems with the App, which I have used on my phone, so if we have problems again maybe I'll look into that)
    Point seems to have been to do with not enough memory to work, therefore kept rebooting.
    Thanks
    Carol

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 14:31:06 #19 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Steviant - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just managed to get through to Freesat and they have admitted that the problem is with the app. Told me to unpair it and wait for the fix which should be next week sometime. I have asked them to let me know when it is done, so I will update everyone on here.

Which version of the app (platform) are you using?

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 15:01:34 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.