My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

fried disk on pvr9000t ?

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dufusuk

Do you get any error message from humaxcheck 2: ? Are you running the programs with Administrative privileges? I would say the Linux versions of the programs run equally well; note that the syntax for the drive is different in the Linux versions.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Output from Windows 7, as it's easier for me:

For the Humax disk, USB Storage Device Properties for ST3160022ACE shows:

humaxcheck output
    -----------------------
    For all disks get this:

C:\humax\humaxcheck-0.10W-win32>humaxcheck :1
    humaxcheck version 0.10W (c) xyz321
    Writes to the Humax disk are disabled
    Humax disk: No such file or directory

C:\humax\humaxcheck-0.10W-win32>humaxcheck 2:
    humaxcheck version 0.10W (c) xyz321
    Writes to the Humax disk are disabled
    Humax disk: No such file or directory

humaxrw output
    --------------------
    for disk 0
    C:\humax\humaxrw-1.15-win32>humaxrw 0: -l
    Unknown partition table

for disk 1
    C:\humax\humaxrw-1.15-win32>humaxrw 1: -l
    AV partition - error in file allocation table 00061e79 00000000 00000000

for disk 2-9
    C:\humax\humaxrw-1.15-win32>humaxrw 2: -l
    \\.\PhysicalDrive2: No such file or directory

Does this suggest that the humax disk is '1:' ? Or because I have 2 partitions , ie c: and f: 'humaxrw' is only seeing these 2 partitions (0: and 1:) and not the humax disk ?

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:09:53 #11 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Firstly both humaxcheck and humaxrw must be run from an administrator command line (right click cmd and 'run as administrator)
    Secondly the fact that Windows has given the drive a drive letter would suggest it has initialised the drive and therfore the humax filesystem is possily corrupted. That may explain why the humaxrwgui does not find a disk. You may be able to repair this with the -p option in humaxcheck.

Note that the filesystem on a 9000 series drive is proprietary and neither Windows nor Linux compatible without the above programs.

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 13:39:25 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dufusuk

aldaweb - 7 mins ago  » 

Secondly the fact that Windows has given the drive a drive letter would suggest it has initialised the drive and therfore the humax filesystem is possily corrupted.

Hi aldaweb, Windows hasn't given the disk a drive letter. The c: and f: drives are existing partitions, on the SSD. I can see a 'label' from 'Devices' but nothing else. I've run the utilities as Administrator and they're still not reading the disk. if the disk is corrpt, how do I format it so that the Humax can read it again ?

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 14:27:33 #13 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Just to confirm that you are running from an administrator command prompt not just 'run as administrator'.

If you want to try reformatting the drive then just format it under windows, then when you replace it in the pvr and power up you should be offered the option to format, which is not a full format so may seem quick.
    If either the Windows format fails or the drive is not recognised when replaced in the Humax then I would assume it to be faulty.

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 14:48:38 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dufusuk

aldaweb - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just to confirm that you are running from an administrator command prompt not .

Yes, I'm running the 'cmd' program as an Administrator. ie Administrator:c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe, an admin cmd prompt.

If Windows doesn't see the disk as a drive, how can I format it, do I need a specific disk utility ? CrystalDiskInfo can't see the humax disk either.

If the panel is showing 4 dashes, is it even trying to boot off the disk, or is stuck in a firmware loop ?

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 16:36:09 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dufusuk - 10 mins ago  » 
    If Windows doesn't see the disk as a drive, how can I format it, do I need a specific disk utility ? CrystalDiskInfo can't see the humax disk either.

Doesn't sound good to me.

If the panel is showing 4 dashes, is it even trying to boot off the disk, or is stuck in a firmware loop ?

Try starting the Humax with no drive installed. It should boot up and function as a set top box and would demonstrate the problem is with the hard drive.

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 16:49:36 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dufusuk

Try starting the Humax with no drive installed.
    It should boot up and function as a set top box and would demonstrate the problem is with the hard drive.
    The Humax does start up and work as a setup box, the channels are showing.

Is this correct:
    1. The disk has a Humax format. It can't be seen by the Humax or Windows, so it's fried.
    2. i need a new disk, format it in windows, then install it in the Humax, and format it again on the Humax. What's the max disk size for the pvr900t, please ?

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 17:03:48 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dufusuk - 40 mins ago  » 
    The Humax does start up and work as a setup box, the channels are showing.
    Is this correct:
    1. The disk has a Humax format. It can't be seen by the Humax or Windows, so it's fried.

Hard to be sure but that seems a plausible interpretation.

2. i need a new disk, format it in windows, then install it in the Humax, and format it again on the Humax. What's the max disk size for the pvr900t, please ?

You should be able to just put a different drive in the Humax and it will format it. I think in practical terms 300GB is a sensible limit but I have known people fit drives as large as 750GB. Be careful about the drive you choose; the 9200T is quite fussy about which drives will work (I tried a Western Digital drive and the box wouldn't boot up reliably). The safest choice would be a Seagate drive designed for PVR usage. I doubt that you will find any brand new IDE drives and in my experience it is a bit of a lottery buying secondhand or reconditioned drives.

You might consider replacing the 9200T; a secondhand HDR-FOX T2, which is a much better PVR, can be picked up secondhand for less than £50 if you look around.

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 17:53:41 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dufusuk

You should be able to just put a different drive in the Humax and it will format it. I think in practical terms 300GB is a sensible limit but I have known people fit drives as large as 750GB. Be careful about the drive you choose; the 9200T is quite fussy about which drives will work (I tried a Western Digital drive and the box wouldn't boot up reliably). The safest choice would be a Seagate drive designed for PVR usage. I doubt that you will find any brand new IDE drives and in my experience it is a bit of a lottery buying secondhand or reconditioned drives.
    You might consider replacing the 9200T; a secondhand HDR-FOX T2, which is a much better PVR, can be picked up secondhand for less than £50 if you look around.

Thank you all, so much for your help. I have a plethora of humax boxes bought over the years, which I will cannibalise to get the 9000t working.

Whilst on the HDR_Fox T2, is there anyway of getting the Apps on the 'TV Portal' updated, or working ? Youtube stopped as it went to https, and iPlayer stopped too.

I also have a question on the Mocha, for which I'll start another thread.

Thanks Martin for your prompt replies, and considered help

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 18:09:17 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dufusuk - 2 hours ago  » 
    Whilst on the HDR_Fox T2, is there anyway of getting the Apps on the 'TV Portal' updated, or working ?

Which Humax firmware version are you using on the HDR-FOX T2? Last time I tried iPlayer was working with 1.03.12 (but not with early versions) but that will be a few months ago.

| Mon 17 Jun 2019 20:30:19 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.