My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T No Signal

(53 posts)
  1. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

The resolution on the box is set at 576i. It's the only setting available. Maybe because of using composite cables.

| Mon 12 Sep 2022 20:03:25 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dazza1969 - 1 min ago  » 
    The resolution on the box is set at 576i. It's the only setting available. Maybe because of using composite cables.

So temporarily disconnect the composite cable and connect the HDMI cable and see if you can change the resolution.

| Mon 12 Sep 2022 20:07:09 #32 |
  3. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Dazza1969 - 1 min ago  » 

So temporarily disconnect the composite cable and connect the HDMI cable and see if you can change the resolution.

I've tried that. I can't get any picture if I just plug in the hdmi. With or without the composite cables connected. That's what makes me think the hdmi on the 4000T box has broken.

| Mon 12 Sep 2022 22:00:20 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Is the other TV you tested with of similar age/specification to the main TV?

If it is (and the Humax resolution has possibly changed to 1080i/p) then you won't get a picture on the 2nd set either.
    Try plugging it into a newer TV that is "proper" HD and if the picture is working change the resolution back to 720p.
    If the picture is not working on the newer TV, its time to buy a replacement Humax.

| Tue 13 Sep 2022 7:33:06 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Or try initiating the reset procedure (while connected to the main TV with both cables) then quickly unplug the composite cable before the Humax reboots. This might trigger the hdmi to transmit the signal to the TV at a resolution it can display.

| Tue 13 Sep 2022 9:41:30 #35 |
  6. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

SSThing - 10 hours ago  » 
    Is the other TV you tested with of similar age/specification to the main TV?
    If it is (and the Humax resolution has possibly changed to 1080i/p) then you won't get a picture on the 2nd set either.
    Try plugging it into a newer TV that is "proper" HD and if the picture is working change the resolution back to 720p.
    If the picture is not working on the newer TV, its time to buy a replacement Humax.

Yes. The other TV that I tried the 4000T box on is a Samsung 55HU8500 (4k).
    I think your rite about the box will need replacing or just run it via composite with a SCART adapter into the old Samsung TV.
    There is an option of a repair which would be about £70+£7 p&p.
    I was also thinking of looking on ebay as a 4000/5000T (500gb) go for about £70 and putting my hard drive into it. I'm not sure it would request a format on it though and I would lose all my recordings.

| Tue 13 Sep 2022 18:33:09 #36 |
  7. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

SSThing - 8 hours ago  » 
    Or try initiating the reset procedure (while connected to the main TV with both cables) then quickly unplug the composite cable before the Humax reboots. This might trigger the hdmi to transmit the signal to the TV at a resolution it can display.

Thank you for that idea. I will certainly give it a go!

| Tue 13 Sep 2022 18:34:21 #37 |
  8. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

I tried the the reset with both hdmi cable and composite plugged in together and then unplugging them on a reboot. It didn't produce any signal from the hdmi.
    One thing I have noticed though. If the hdmi and composite cables are plugged in together. I can't get a signal through the composite connection. Which leads me to think that maybe the hdmi takes precedence over composite. If that is the case, why is it receiving that the hdmi is plugged in, but not producing a signal. Maybe the signal part of the hdmi is damaged.

| Sat 17 Sep 2022 13:23:55 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dazza1969 - 8 mins ago  » 
    One thing I have noticed though. If the hdmi and composite cables are plugged in together. I can't get a signal through the composite connection.

Vague recollection but I seem to recall there is a setting on the FVP to allow signal to both HDMI and composite which defaults to off.

Which leads me to think that maybe the hdmi takes precedence over composite. If that is the case, why is it receiving that the hdmi is plugged in, but not producing a signal. Maybe the signal part of the hdmi is damaged.

I certainly don't know but it does look increasingly likely that signal part of the HDMI isn't working properly.

| Sat 17 Sep 2022 13:35:58 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

At the moment your SD Output must be on otherwise you would not be seeing a picture via composite. As a last resort turn it OFF then reboot the box and see what happens. However, if this doesn't retrigger the hdmi output you won't be able to get a picture via component afterwards.

| Sat 17 Sep 2022 14:47:05 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.