My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T No Signal

(53 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Flashing firmware does not wipe the hdd.

As regards switching SD off first, I suggested that previously but you were hesitant to try it.
    All I can say is that it would make sense to me if the box defaulted to hd & sd both on after a reset because that would allow people without hdmi to access the box via component if there was an issue. But who knows?
    At the moment you have a box that you can at least watch the recordings, perhaps wait until you have watched everything and then try all options.
    If it was me I would have tried every option including a full reformat by now because I would hazard a guess that 90% of everything you have recorded can be accessed via the various catchup services (take some photos on your phone or write a list of everything to remind you).
    Sometimes, like any computerised device, the box can get itself in a complete mess that only a full reset will cure. And then, sometimes, components fail in strange ways.

| Mon 19 Sep 2022 13:36:39 #51 |
  2. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

SSThing - 1 week ago  » 
    Flashing firmware does not wipe the hdd.
    As regards switching SD off first, I suggested that previously but you were hesitant to try it.
    All I can say is that it would make sense to me if the box defaulted to hd & sd both on after a reset because that would allow people without hdmi to access the box via component if there was an issue. But who knows?
    At the moment you have a box that you can at least watch the recordings, perhaps wait until you have watched everything and then try all options.
    If it was me I would have tried every option including a full reformat by now because I would hazard a guess that 90% of everything you have recorded can be accessed via the various catchup services (take some photos on your phone or write a list of everything to remind you).
    Sometimes, like any computerised device, the box can get itself in a complete mess that only a full reset will cure. And then, sometimes, components fail in strange ways.

Thanks for that and sorry about the long delay on a reply.
    I'll download the board flash as soon as I get a USB stick from the link that you supplied and then if the SD switch off doesn't work, hopefully the board flash will reset it back.

| Wed 28 Sep 2022 17:55:05 #52 |
  3. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

Quick update on the hdmi problem that I had.
    Yesterday the the box lost power and wouldn't turn on. Someone on this site suggested its was a soldering problem on the circuit board and to heat it up. After taking the HDD out, the heat sink off and removing the board, I heated it up with a heat gun. Concentrating the heat in the power supply and hdmi area.
    After putting it back together the unit has powered on and is working fine. Also the hdmi port has returned to life. For how long this fix will work, I'm not sure. But happy at the mo.
    If its your last option, I'd give this a try. Nothing to lose!

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice with my problem and hope this info might help others out.

| Mon 12 Dec 2022 19:40:32 #53 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.