My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T No Signal

(53 posts)
  1. Paul_D

Paul_D

Have all your tests so far been with the same HDMI cable ?

If the answer is yes - try a different cable.

| Sat 17 Sep 2022 20:34:29 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Paul_D - 57 mins ago  » 

The first post in the thread says "I've swopped/tested all the cables and they are all good."

| Sat 17 Sep 2022 21:32:34 #42 |
  3. Paul_D

Paul_D

Martin Liddle - 1 min ago  » 

Paul_D - 57 mins ago  » 

The first post in the thread says "I've swopped/tested all the cables and they are all good."

Thanks - I couldn't see for looking

| Sat 17 Sep 2022 21:35:31 #43 |
  4. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

SSThing - 21 hours ago  » 

At the moment your SD Output must be on otherwise you would not be seeing a picture via composite. As a last resort turn it OFF then reboot the box and see what happens. However, if this doesn't retrigger the hdmi output you won't be able to get a picture via component afterwards.

Ummm. Bit reluctant to try that one if I can't see the screen via the composite connection. Unless there is another source of connection to view the screen or a master reset button on the box?

| Sun 18 Sep 2022 12:43:30 #44 |
  5. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

SSThing - 21 hours ago  » 

At the moment your SD Output must be on otherwise you would not be seeing a picture via composite. As a last resort turn it OFF then reboot the box and see what happens. However, if this doesn't retrigger the hdmi output you won't be able to get a picture via component afterwards.

Ummm. Bit reluctant to try that one if I can't see the screen via the composite connection. Unless there is another source of connection to view the screen or a master reset button on the box?

| Sun 18 Sep 2022 12:44:24 #45 |
  6. Paul_D

Paul_D

Just a thought - what version of software is your Humax on ?

There was a software update released last week which fixed an issue with playing Netflix content which Netflix said was a Digital Rights Management issue. As you are getting an HDCP message (which is a form of DRM), check your software version and if it is 1.03.53, try updating to 1.03.54 and see if that makes any difference.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/netflix-some-players-wont-play-content-1/

| Sun 18 Sep 2022 14:06:21 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Paul_D - 1 hour ago  » 
    There was a software update released last week which fixed an issue with playing Netflix content which Netflix said was a Digital Rights Management issue. As you are getting an HDCP message (which is a form of DRM), check your software version and if it is 1.03.53, try updating to 1.03.54 and see if that makes any difference.

That drm/hdcp message is/was because the hdmi and component cables were connected at the same time and nothing to do with the firmware version.
    However, flashing the new firmware might kickstart the hdmi back into operation.

| Sun 18 Sep 2022 15:10:08 #47 |
  8. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

SSThing - 18 hours ago  » 

Paul_D - 1 hour ago  » 

That drm/hdcp message is/was because the hdmi and component cables were connected at the same time and nothing to do with the firmware version.
    However, flashing the new firmware might kickstart the hdmi back into operation.

The software version is up to date.
    I think I'll just have to run the box via composite until a new update is released and maybe it might sort the hdmi connection out.

| Mon 19 Sep 2022 9:35:03 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

You could try a manual reflash of the older firmware (https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?category_id=12&product_id=3793&curr_page=sw_release)

Disconnect component cable.
    Disconnect power to unit
    Insert pendrive
    Reconnect power whilst simultaneously pressing the channel down button on top of unit.
    Screen should show update progress - you can now release channel down button.
    When complete press standby button and remove pendrive.

Although this might default to the SD off (common sense would be that it would default to both on, otherwise people without hdmi TV's would be stuffed from the get go).

| Mon 19 Sep 2022 10:05:31 #49 |
  10. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 
    You could try a manual reflash of the older firmware (https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?category_id=12&product_id=3793&curr_page=sw_release)
    Disconnect component cable.
    Disconnect power to unit
    Insert pendrive
    Reconnect power whilst simultaneously pressing the channel down button on top of unit.
    Screen should show update progress - you can now release channel down button.
    When complete press standby button and remove pendrive.
    Although this might default to the SD off (common sense would be that it would default to both on, otherwise people without hdmi TV's would be stuffed from the get go).

Do you think it would be best to change settings from off SD first? Then if I'm stuck with no signal, flash the box?
    Would the board flash format the hard drive?

| Mon 19 Sep 2022 12:59:02 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.