My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T Remote Control

(35 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Home button is the one with FreeviewPlay label.

Attachments

1. freeview.jpg (3.1 KB, 11 downloads) 6 years old
    | Sat 29 Apr 2017 7:44:01 #11 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Well, well - I could have sworn I looked at that. Thank you. R-

| Sat 29 Apr 2017 7:51:16 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

clairehen - 1 month ago  » 
    Surprised not to find complaints about the RM-L08 remote control. It has great direct keys for recordings, Netflix and On Demand, but is very poor response-wise. Changing the batteries had no effect and it often takes several tries before working. I thought it might jut be a blip but outside of this forum I've come across a number of moans across the internet.

Wow - so it isn't just me. My original remote played up from almost day one.
    I eventually received the replacement a week ago. Whilst the home button (& others) still switches the set Off, I get the same bad responce. I keep some decent batteries for my camera & plopped a couple in. When it played up, I suspected the batteries, so tried two more - with the same results. I tested the batteries & they were fine.
    Looks like a bad batch of remotes were made,,,,, or in my case a bad unit from the outset. I had a used replacement, but mine was pretty new & in great condition. The replacement was well used, & could be in any condition.
    I wish i'd never seen humax.

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 0:00:39 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

"I had a used replacement recorder, but mine was pretty new & in great condition. The replacement wa well used & could be in any condition.".

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 10:12:09 #14 |
  5. clairehen

clairehen

Further to previous posts, I followed Victoria's advice & called Humax. They sent me a new remote, looks exactly the same, but works a lot better. It's much more responsive and hasn't let me down yet. Great for my husband who has got used to the layout and the decent button size. That said, I still favour the RMC3056 because it's much more tactile and quickest to respond. The keys are a lot smaller and if you see my previous post, it doesn't have a direct recordings button, but since it's so fast, you can hit the Home button and move to Recordings very quickly, so who cares? Incidentally, Humax did ask if I could return the old remote so they could try and identify the problem, which I was happy to do. Hope these posts help everyone...

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 21:02:53 #15 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

After reading posts on here I too contacted Humax in April to complain about my RM-L03 and was sent a replacement RM-L08.
    This was much better...for the first few weeks, but now it is just as slow and unresponsive as the old one and I have started using my One For All universal remote again. It may not have all the dedicated buttons of the Humax remotes but it is far more responsive, thus far less frustrating to use.

I'm afraid I wasn't as understanding as clairehen and didn't return my old remote as requested. If Humax had sent a prepaid package for me to do so I would have, but I didn't see why I should spend my time a money to return what is obviously a substandard product.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 16:44:44 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

I was told to carry out a factory re-set.
    I have now carried out Re-set, and the problem is still there.

1) I have now noticed that the red light light does not illuminate when the problem arises, but it seems to be mainly, but not limited to, the jump forward, fast forward key.

It looks like the circular ring button isn't acting correctly.

2) Some buttons, mainly but not limited to, the Home/F button, turns the machine off.

I have tried several lots of new - and tested - batteries, including Panasonic plus, Philips plus, duracell plus etc. I only use good batteries, as I need them for my camera.

Looking at the forum, it seems that this remote is faulty, and is a common fault, known by Humax.

It's so frustrating to have to keep pressing un-working buttons, on what was a new piece of kit. Its been crap from the beginning.

| Tue 27 Jun 2017 9:43:32 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

I received another original - RM-L08 - remote yesterday.

It arrived yesterday,,,, but none of it works, except the red light, so it isn't 'dead'.

Humax are aware that the updated - RM-L03 - can be broken upon arrival, but when we get a good 'un, it's a decent control.

It's been 18 months since I bought this crap, & it's never been right from the get go, and it's not getting better !

| Fri 4 Aug 2017 11:31:12 #18 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The original remote was the RM-L03, RM-L08 is the newer version.

Check that the remote and unit are paired correctly see FAQ

| Fri 4 Aug 2017 11:40:56 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

Many thanks.

It's a shame that Humax didn't explain that !
    All I got was the remote in an ill fitting bag.

Are there any details anywhere about the differences between the code numbers 1~6 ?

| Fri 4 Aug 2017 12:36:12 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.