My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T Remote Control

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

Despite my gripes about the controller and the box's UI (which is markedly inferior to my previous model the PVR-9500T), the important thing is that I can't fault the reliability or quality of recording and playback from this box. I'd just like it to be more cooperative!

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 14:06:09 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

Time for an update on my new remote control handset.
    I had to wait for a new batch to reach the UK, but I'm glad I did. More than a month later, I haven't seen any deterioration in the remote controller. By now the two previous ones would have been starting to play up.
    In my case, the real problem had been with the arrow/cursor keys surrounding the OK button, which seemed to become rather hit-and-miss. On the new controller there is a definite "click" feel to these buttons when pressed, which was never the case with the predecessors. Call me a hopeless optimist, but I have the distinct impression that they've sorted out the problem with these units.

| Fri 5 Jan 2018 12:07:32 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billthebus

Have had many problems with the RM-L08 remote since purchasing the Humax 4000T around 2 years ago. Need to replace mine as some buttons take a few presses and on off button now failed but reading through this thread I see that the remote is very temperamental. Has it improved or is there a better alternative.

| Wed 12 Aug 2020 10:13:29 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

The one that I received in January 2018 is much better than the original was. It's still going strong more than two years later. I'd recommend getting in touch with Humax and seeing what they can do.

| Wed 12 Aug 2020 10:29:21 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Billthebus - 1 week ago> I see that the remote is very temperamental.

See Disassemble remote control to fix intermittent keys for how to fix intermittent keys with simple cleaning using washing up liquid; or with sticky-backed aluminium foil or conductive paint for very bad keys.

| Sat 22 Aug 2020 18:30:30 #35 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.