My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T retuned and channels lost

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

KenA

Hi, I am new to this forum and have joined because of a problem. We have had ours for a couple of years and had generally good service. Recently we have had to retune all of our tv’s and the Humax has now lost a significant number of channels, ie channel 4, channel 5, itv2, channel4+1, more 4, film 4, 5usa, E4, 5star, 5spike, itv+1, trutv, truetv+1, all were previously received ok.
    Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone have idea’s to fix?

| Sun 22 Jul 2018 9:53:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
    I don't have an FVP-4000T, but maybe you could answer a couple of questions which may give a clue as to why you have lost these channels.
    Which transmitter are you tuned to?
    Did you perform an auto or manual tune?
    Regards

| Sun 22 Jul 2018 12:57:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Freeview channel number change frequently as the government sells off bandwidth to mobile phone usage etc so you need to keep retuning. You can just do an Automatic Tune but I find it better to work out what is happening. So ...

1. Go to the Postcode Checker at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/index/dummy/NA/yes.

2. Enter your Postcode and house number, and tick Detailed View

This will tell you which transmitter you should be tuning, which aerial type and polarization you need (horizontal for main, vertical for repeater), and which channels it transmits on.

3. Do a Manual tune of just those channels from the transmitter you choose. Do not choose some from one transmitter and some from another transmitter - I think it confuses the EPG.

Search the forum for lots of posts about tuning.

| Sun 22 Jul 2018 15:50:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Our area has recently had to do a retune. However its a transmitter system upgrade. Freeview advised doing a first install retune.

On our 5000t instead of a smart retune I did a default retune Just like the first time on installation. It may not help but its worth a try.

Our neighbour has a 4000t, She did the same and it worked for her as well.
    The only other thing I can think of is you may need an arial upgrade. There is a freeview freephone number if you need help with the Arial.
    Good Luck.

| Sun 22 Jul 2018 17:26:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

JohnH77 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Freeview channel number change frequently as the government sells off bandwidth to mobile phone usage etc so you need to keep retuning.

It may not need to be as often as you think.

| Sun 22 Jul 2018 18:58:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

It may not need to be as often as you think.

It's pretty frequent round here (Mendip Main in a marginal area).

Apart from the twenty or so retunes I have already done, the postcode checker says there will be three "retune events" (where the channel numbers change); and eleven "reception changes" (where a local or distant transmitter changes and interferes more or less than it did before) between now and June 2020.

| Sun 22 Jul 2018 19:36:14 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The reception change events do not require retunes, in fact you would be well advised not to do so for those occasions.

Of the three retune events, you would need to do the first to retain the BBC SD services, but the others only matter if you really need the services on COM 7&8. You could wait for the second one, or forget about both, if you are not that bothered.

| Sun 22 Jul 2018 23:25:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

KenA

Many thanks for all your help and suggestions, I will have a go today and report the out comei

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 7:34:15 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I should clarify that my comments about the retune events in post 7 above, relate specifically to the Mendip transmitter.

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 8:11:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

KenA,
    Which transmitter are you receiving your signals from?
    Could just be your first retune missed one of the UHF frequencies, ie a complete MUX of channels is missing.
    What signal strength is your 4000T reporting?

| Mon 23 Jul 2018 8:30:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.