My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T Browsing Guide ?

(34 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stoker - 13 hours ago  » 
    Hi Graham
    Thanks for your reply, however you seem to be missing my point. I am not concerned about the lack of an option to series record. What I want to know is why it says "CLOSE" instead of "WATCH". When this happens it means I can't select the channel to watch from the guide. I have to back out of the guide and then key in the channel number to watch the programme.

As it works on other channels it can only be the way the broadcaster codes the content which is key to the system used by all Freeview pvrs. Why not add the channel to your favourites ?

| Tue 18 Dec 2018 12:32:26 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stoker

Thanks Graham

That would be the BBC then. Channels 102 and 107.

I haven't added them to favourites because they're not.

What difference would it make by making them favourites?

| Tue 18 Dec 2018 12:43:28 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you create a favourite group when you open the epg it adds a option to the + key groups which collapses the epg to only show channels in your favourites list.

| Tue 18 Dec 2018 13:02:51 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stoker

I'm sorry Graham but I don't see how that solves the problem.

| Tue 18 Dec 2018 14:14:34 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stoker - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I'm sorry Graham but I don't see how that solves the problem.

You were complaining that you had to exit the guide to access the channel. If it is in your favourites list guessing you may find the watch live option.

| Tue 18 Dec 2018 14:19:51 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stoker

Hi Graham

I'm trying to find out why it says CLOSE instead of WATCH.

I don't have a favourites list but if I had I would expect that when I'm browsing the guide I would be looking at channels outside my favourites.

| Tue 18 Dec 2018 23:50:39 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Why don't you page through all the channels and make a note of all those that only have the close option ?. It's such a trivial problem I frankly can't be bothered. Perhaps you might find a common issue. eg when you find one it would be interesting to find out how far from the scheduled end of the current programme the live transmission actually is. If a very short time perhaps close is the only logical choice. It might be to do with the generation of the green watch from the beginning prompt.

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 15:59:16 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stoker

Thanks for all your help Graham.

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 20:38:28 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stoker - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for all your help Graham.

If you find anything please post.

It's only a guess but suspect it's a timing issue. Basically the now next data has switched to the next programme when you happen to select the specific channel so the view live has disappeared but the view live from the next programme has not been created.

It will take some experimentation to find out, but whether it's worth it is a different question.

Never found this in a long time. Do you often bring up the epg with a programme that is about to finish ? Have you tried the same 2 or 3 minutes later, when the next programme should have started ?

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 21:50:07 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobK

There are two circumstances in which I have witnessed this same issue. The first is as discussed above where I have opened the programme information for a channel, but due to the timing between programmes it is not available to 'Watch Live', this is purely a timing information as the guide switches between which programme it believes is currently live. The second circumstance may be of more help to you, it occurs when you have used pause or rewind on your current channel before opening the guide. The box 'protects' your current position in the buffer by preventing you from changing channel through the guide. Simply exit the guide, press the stop button to return to live TV and you should then find the 'Watch Live' option returns in the guide.

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 22:57:04 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.