My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T EPG Catchup

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I don't know if "Media Server" is on or off. In fact, I don't even know what it is. Where do I look to find out?

The manual was not much help.

Edit: Is this the same as Network Server Management? If so, it was on and I have just turned it off.

| Tue 12 Nov 2019 10:44:43 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

Yes Network Server Management is the media server

| Tue 12 Nov 2019 11:58:18 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Edit: Is this the same as Network Server Management? If so, it was on and I have just turned it off

Yes, the DLNA server function to allow streaming to other devices on the same network. I will be interested to see if turning it off fixes the problem.

| Tue 12 Nov 2019 12:26:55 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks. I get totally confused by all these complicated terms and abbreviations.

I have no interest in sending video to anywhere else. I only bought this machine to give me a PVR with integrated catchup facilities.

There seem to be so many other (for me) "odd" features that I just don't comprehend and which may, or may not, be getting in the way of the basic features I need. Really frustrating.

I will keep the thread updated with what happens.

| Tue 12 Nov 2019 12:38:34 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Still no better. Checked just now and no catchup EPG until I cleared the cookies. Beginning to think that there is no solution to the problem.

| Thu 14 Nov 2019 14:49:16 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

Interestingly, I have been contacting Humax support about the EPG problems and when I told them that clearing the cookies made the problem go away (for a while) the support person I was speaking to had not heard of this fix and said he would try it the next time someone contacted them with the problem.

If the support staff did not know that cookies affected the EPG then maybe Humax were not aware of it? Is this is the case could this be why no permanent fix has been rolled out by them?

| Thu 14 Nov 2019 15:05:19 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Still no better. Checked just now and no catchup EPG until I cleared the cookies. Beginning to think that there is no solution to the problem.

All very odd. But please can I confirm one thing with you? In a earlier post you said that you set the DNS addresses to OpenDNS in the router - rather than in the FVP. If that is the case please try setting the DNS addresses in the FVP - wired connection manual setting. Unfortunately you can't do that with a wireless connection. I use homeplug adapters to achieve that wired connection. This is all symptomatic of the case where the FVP is using the router as DNS server and many folks (including myself) report all sorts of difficulties with Freeview play functions. If you have time please could you post a picture of the network status screen as it is with your current settings so that we can see the FVP DNS settings as you have them now.

| Thu 14 Nov 2019 15:30:50 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Unfortunately, I have no easy way to achieve a wired connection. Homeplugs may be possible, but it just seems so much hassle to muck about like that when, for now at least, clearing the cookies does the job, even though only for a while and I would have to buy them specially. However, thanks for the thought.

The settings screen shows:

OK
    OK
    IP Address 192.168.1.101
    Netmask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway Address 192.168.1.1
    Primary DNS Server 208.67.222.222
    Secondary DNS Server 208.67.220.220

Incidently, BBC1 SD (not catchup) is currently showing "No Information" beyond 1545 today.

| Thu 14 Nov 2019 15:52:40 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Well I am stumped... for the moment. The DNS server settings are what I would expect to see. One final test you might perform is to check the same network status when you next have the problem - and before you clear the cookies.
    Incidently, BBC1 SD (not catchup) is currently showing "No Information" beyond 1545 today.

Its working for me as I write.

| Thu 14 Nov 2019 16:06:09 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

GrahamRHK - 1 min ago  » 

Well I am stumped... for the moment. The DNS server settings are what I would expect to see. One final test you might perform is to check the same network status when you next have the problem - and before you clear the cookies.

Its working for me as I write.

OK, I will check them next time.
    As for BBC1, it may well be correct here by now, but I cannot check at the moment. I have seen these temporary disappearances before and usually (touch wood!) they don't last long.

| Thu 14 Nov 2019 16:10:27 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.